- Undergraduate Majors
- Full-Time M.S.W. Program
- Master's Requirements
- Full-Time M.S.W. Program FAQs
- Tuition and Housing
- Awards & Scholarships
- Child Welfare Training Program
- Part-Time M.S.W. Program
- Ph.D. Program
- Field Education
2013 Part-Time Program Application Checklist
For Reapplication Instructions Click HERE.
Dual Application Process
Students seeking admission to the master's program will need to:
- STEP ONE: Check application deadlines and make sure that you get all your materials in on time.
- STEP TWO: Meet the admission requirements of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Graduate School and those of the School of Social Work.
- STEP THREE: Complete the on-line Graduate School Application and the Supplemental Application for Social Work located within the Graduate School application. Note: Do not submit the Supplemental Application until your Fall grades are in and you have uploaded your transcript.
- STEP FOUR: Financial Aid information
- CHECKLIST: Make sure every requirement is met!
Applications are being accepted on a rolling admissions basis through June 1, 2013.
- No need to wait until June 1 to apply.
- Complete applications will be reviewed promptly after receipt
- Applicants will be notified of a final admissions decision soon thereafter
Applications cannot be considered until the application is complete (e.g., forms, letters of recommendation, transcripts, essay) and submitted.
The UW-Madison Graduate School sets the minimum admission requirements for all prospective graduate students. In addition to these requirements, the School of Social Work prerequisites must be met to qualify for acceptance into the master's program. Please review these requirements before filling out the admission applications.
Carefully read the Application Instructions. Be sure to read the Application FAQs. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the School of Social Work Part-Time MSW Admissions Office at 608-265-4116 or email Deb O'Connell at email@example.com.
Apply online to the UW-Madison Graduate School.
Be sure to complete the Supplemental Application for Social Work that is part of the Graduate School application.
We cannot consider your application until all materials are received and the application fee has been paid to the Graduate School.
After you complete the application, make sure to save a copy for your records.
Students needing financial assistance in the form of federal loans and work-study are encouraged to contact the Office of Student Financial Aid or call 608-262-3060.
Information about School of Social Work scholarships and fellowships can be found here.
Returning Adult Student Scholarships, Financial Assistance information can found through the UW-Madison Continuing Studies Adult & Student Services Center.
International students are not eligible to participate in the part-time program. The university requires international students to be full-time students.
- GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION
- SUPPLEMENTAL SOCIAL WORK APPLICATION (including unofficial transcript)
- Application Fee (can be paid online)
- TOEFL scores(if required)
- Optional GRE scores (institution code 1846, dept code 5001)
Send Transcripts To:
Part-Time M.S.W. Admissions Office
School of Social Work
1350 University Avenue
Madison, WI 53706-1510