Mayo Clinic has several opportunities for Social Workers in Rochester, Minnesota. The Social Work staff reports to the assigned immediate Social Work supervisor. The Social Work staff are accountable both administratively/clinically to the Social Work supervisor. The Social Work staff work collaboratively with nursing, consultant staff, and other allied health professionals assigned to their specific medical or psychiatric specialty.
Under the supervision of a social worker who meets state required standards, provides psychotherapy, counseling, and other services in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams. The social worker may also coordinate patient discharge planning, complies with required standards for medical/legal responsibilities, and serves as a resource to other allied and administrative staff within the section of Social Work.
- Performs a comprehensive psychosocial assessment that reflects a knowledge of psychiatric and medical illnesses and psychosocial issues.
- Demonstrates ability to perform a comprehensive psychosocial assessment which examines presenting problems as well as relevant biopsychosocial and environmental factors.
- Completes and records social work assessments within departmental time and format standards.
- If eligible, formulates a diagnosis using the current DSM criteria and develops an initial treatment plan, addressing identified needs, problems, and areas requiring further evaluation.
- Coordinates referrals when indicated to the appropriate internal or community resources.
- Functions with supervision, and provides psychotherapy, counseling to individuals, families, and groups to treat mental disorders, alleviate emotional distress, and facilitate adaptive behavior, personal growth and development.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise to achieve therapeutic outcomes with all patients through the use of age-appropriate interventions that may include individual, group and family treatment modalities.
- Documents in a clear, consistent and timely manner effects of interventions, and patient progress on established forms using accepted format.
Qualifications: An MSW degree is required from an accredited Masters of Social Work Program.
Additional Qualifications :
Must have an advanced knowledge of categories in mental illness, personality development, knowledge of the types of psychiatric treatment, and skills in conducting individual, group, and family therapy. Must have knowledge in adjustment to medical diagnosis and chronic disease. Strong human relation skills are needed to interact with patients, patient’s family members, consultants, residents, hospital personnel, community agencies, and other resources. Must also have psychosocial diagnostic skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
License or Certification :
Licensure by applicable state requirements.
Minnesota: Licensure at the Licensed Graduate Social Work (LGSW) or Licensed Independent Social Work (LISW) level from the Minnesota Board of Social Work (MNBOSW) is required.
To Apply, please go to https://www.mayo-clinic-jobs.com/
For questions regarding your application or applying for positions, you may contact:
You may reference the following requisition numbers: