Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Residential Counselor is responsible for assessing client needs in areas of service planning, group process, and direct services to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain a caseload consistent with regulations
· Conducts comprehensive assessment of patient needs
· Based on assessment, develops a treatment plan reflective of these needs and identified strengths
· Initiates consultation with multi-disciplinary team regarding patient assessment and treatment plan
· Ongoing assessment of service needs and modification of treatment plan to reflect these changing needs
· Provides patient with linkages to other supportive services as identified in the assessment
· Maintains patient records and ensures documentation consistent with regulatory agencies, UR/QA, and payers
· Provides crisis intervention and management to patients
· Maintains working relationships with referral agencies and supportive services to enable comprehensive service provision to patients
· Performs other duties as defined by the Program Director
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, that may be required by their supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Demonstrates a knowledge base upon which they provide direct service and clinical advisement
Applicants without minimum education will not be considered for this position.
This position is full time at our 291 Elm Street location in Buffalo, NY.
This position is Sunday through Thursday with two evening shifts required. If your shift fell on a holiday it would be paid time and a half.
Master’s degree in Social Work or related field required, though consideration may be given to individuals in the final semester of their graduate program who demonstrate advanced skills and experience.
Learn why you should apply to Horizon here!
Masters or better in Mental Health Counseling.
Masters or better in Social Work.
Licenses & Certifications