Location: Madison, WI
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (DAIS) empowers those affected by domestic violence and advocates for social change through support, education, and outreach. DAIS envisions a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope. Those representing the organization do so through mutual respect, openness, collaboration, and shared responsibility. DAIS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Position Opening: Shelter Program Manager
The Shelter Program Manager oversees day-to-day operations for 24/7 delivery of services in the 56-bed domestic violence shelter in a manner that fosters a safe and healthy community living space through a trauma-informed approach. The Manager plays a pivotal role in advocating for shelter staff, client needs, and programmatic integrity as well as advancing the organization’s Liberation Model. The successful candidate seeks ongoing feedback, fosters continuous improvement, enjoys motivating others, and advances compassionate accountability for staff, clients, and volunteers. This position supervises professional staff providing direct service, ensuring facility security, and managing administrative needs of the program.
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in social work, human services, criminal justice, or relevant field.
• Minimum of three years of experience managing program resources and supervising staff.
• Experience working in a residential setting with individuals in crisis preferred.
• Experience with trauma survivors required, knowledge of domestic violence issues preferred.
• Excellent problem solving, judgement, communication, and time management skills required.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people and to positively influence change.
• Ability to maintain highly confidential information.
• Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
• Bilingual preferred.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
• Program Delivery & Compliance
o Oversees, coordinates, and manages all shelter functions and activities
o Ensure maintenance of program files, case notes, and related documentation
o Ensure issues within the shelter area are addressed within a timely, direct, and respectful manner
o Prepare reports, recommendations, and analyses to satisfy reporting requirements and planning needs
o Provides direct service to shelter clients and their children
• Management & Supervision
o Attend to recruitment, onboarding, and performance management of staff
o Provide leadership, coaching, supervision, and support to staff and volunteers
o Ensures continuous coverage during all shelter shifts, including on-call responsibilities
• Resource Development & Advancement
o Assists in grant writing to support existing and expanding shelter services
o Conducts program evaluation and monitoring, resulting in recommendations for efficiencies and enhancements
o Attends to overall maintenance and facility repairs, in collaboration with organization-wide operations
o Represents the organization and the program with internal and external constituencies
• Other duties as assigned.
Interested individual applicants only please, DAIS prefers not to be contacted by third party staffing agencies. The following application materials will be needed for consideration:
• Current resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
• A completed affirmation of employment interest and information.
• Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; apply by July 22 for ensured consideration.
Applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will NOT be considered.
Completed applications may be submitted via email as an attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by U.S. Mail to DAIS, Attn: Human Resources, 2102 Fordem Ave., Madison, WI 53704.