Location: Madison, WI
The Executive Director provides overall leadership and management of NewBridge. The Executive Director is responsible for carrying out the agency’s mission by ensuring the development, implementation and monitoring of goals and by developing sufficient human and financial resources for organizational growth and stability. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors of NewBridge.
Fiscal Position Responsibilities
1. Ensure Financial stability of agency
2. Prepare balanced budget for Board Approval
3. Monitor expense allocations and reports for accuracy
4. Provide accurate financial reports for Board of Directors
5. Supervise and monitor performance of key staff, including Marketing and Fund Development Directors, to develop and secure diverse funding sources.
6. Review and assist with Fund Development Plan implementation
Leadership Position Responsibilities
1. Assist with Board recruitment, training and support. Facilitate a strong working relationship with the Board of Directors and Board committees.
2. Develop and enhance opportunities for community collaboration and strategic alliances, including public and private entities focusing on older adults.
3. Direct Strategic Planning/Visioning for the agency. Work with Board and staff to implement identified strategic goals and objectives.
4. Represent NewBridge at community events, programs and activities. Serve as the official spokesperson for all Public Relations/Media contacts.
5. Provide supervision and support for Management Team staff to ensure all contractual obligations are achieved. Ensure that Personnel policies and procedures are compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
6. Assist in developing priority issues and advocacy for the needs of older adults. Identify program opportunities to address unmet needs of older adults with a focus on underserved populations, poverty and racial disparity.
7. Review and assist with Marketing Plan implementation.
The Executive Director must have a comprehensive knowledge of community resources,
experience in all aspects of management, including supervision, fiscal oversight, and Board and
Community relations. Strong communication and organizational skills, proven leadership
experience, and commitment to older adults required.
Minimum of 5 years of proven leadership experience as a senior level executive, preferably in the non-profit sector. Master’s Degree is preferred, Bachelor’s Degree will be considered.
1. Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record
2. Automobile Insurance
3. Reliable personal vehicle for travelling to meetings around Dane County
4. Criminal/Caregiver/Credit screening
Board of Directors
Salary and Benefits
Paid Time Off
Health, Vision and/or Dental Insurance
403(b) Retirement Plan Flex Spending/Dependent Care Account
NewBridge Administrative Office
NewBridge is an equal opportunity employer. To Apply: Submit resume, cover letter, and response to questions to email@example.com by August 23, 5:00 pm.
1. What are the major factors that have motivated you to apply for the Executive Director position at NewBridge? How does this position fit your overall career goals?
2. NewBridge is a new organization made up of 4 previously independent Senior Coalitions located around Madison. Please describe any experience or thoughts you have regarding organizational transformations and/or mergers.