Organization: Human Services & Health/Henry Dodge Building
Location: Dodge County, WI
Application Review Date: 08/30/2019 -Open Until Filled
Title: Social Worker I, II or Senior – Child Protective Services
Department/Location: Human Services & Health/Henry Dodge Building
Reports to: Human Services Supervisor
Status: Full Time/Non-exempt
Under the general direction of Human Services Supervisor, performs social studies of persons and families in need of social service, and makes recommendations for administrative decision. Assesses client psychosocial needs and develops treatment plans; advocates for client rights; and provides direct services.
Education and Experience:
Level I: Bachelor’s degree in social work and possess a social worker certification as defined under Wisconsin State Statute 457.08. Consideration may be given to completion of this certification during orientation period.
Level II: Bachelor’s degree in social work and possess a social worker certification as defined under Wisconsin State Statute 457.08, two (2) years related work experience and ten (10) days in-service training related to specific job responsibilities.
Senior: Master’s degree in Social Work and possess a social worker certification as defined under Wisconsin State Statute 457.08 four (4) years related work experience, and additional ten (10) days in-service training related to specific job responsibilities, OR Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and possess a social worker certification as defined under Wisconsin State Statute 457.08 seven (7) years related work experience, eight (8) graduate credits in Social Work from an accredited college or university, and additional twenty (20) days in-service training related to specific job responsibilities.
- Basic knowledge of Child Protective Services (Chapter 48) and Youth Justice (Chapter 938) Systems.
- Knowledge of principles/methods of social work and their application.
- Knowledge of human behavior, dynamics of groups, interpersonal relations, and social interactions.
- Knowledge of government and the role of public welfare in providing services.
- Knowledge of community agencies and their programs.
- Knowledge of how programmatic and financial resources are made available to people in need.
- Knowledge of Dodge County policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a variety of computer systems and learn new systems quickly.
- Ability to assess client needs, determine realistic goals for client, and follow through with appropriate approaches.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, community agencies, co-workers, and public.
- Able to work independently and be self-driven.
- Able to maintain client confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain accurate, timely and complete records relating to assigned programmatic areas.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Must meet requirements of Dodge County Driver Qualification Program.
Special Requirements: Cover Letter & Resume required
Starting Wage Range: (01/01/2019): Level I: $22.89/hr. – $29.77/hr.(Dodge County Labor Grade Six(6))
Level II: $25.05/hr. – $32.58/hr.(Dodge County Labor Grade Seven(7))
Senior: $27.20/hr. – $35.37/hr.(Dodge County Labor Grade Eight(8))
*Please note, if you do not have access to a computer you may stop in at the Dodge County Human Resources Department or at Clearview to use a public
computer or visit any local library.
Current Dodge County Employees: If you wish to be considered for this position, you must submit an online application for internal applicants. For position details, complete job description and to apply visit: http://tinyurl.com/applydodge
Outside Applicants: Dodge County now accepts online applications only. For position details, complete job description and to apply visit: http://tinyurl.com/jobsatdodge
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Dodge County HR Dept. at 920-386-3690. Thank you for your interest.