Organization: Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI
Location: Madison, WI
Choose a passion, not a job. Join Connections, an IRIS Consultant Agency by Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI, and use your skills and education to help us change the lives of those we serve.
Our IRIS Consultants will have excellent support in learning to be effective, responsible and creative; will work efficiently with IRIS participants using mobile technology; will be part of a peer-based team that seeks to learn from and help develop the skills and leadership capacities of each member; will have their own training budget to tailor the learning important to them; and will be part of an organization dedicated to helping people achieve what is possible in their lives.
An IRIS Consultant provides thoughtful and effective services as an IRIS Consultant (IRIS = Include, Respect, I Self-Direct) to individuals directing their long-term care, supports and services. As a member of an ICA Team, partner with individuals receiving long-term care supports and services to understand and develop what is possible and desirable in their lives.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
• Develops trusting relationships with individuals served by the ICA.
• Assists individuals to explore the ways in which IRIS can enable them to receive supports and services to lead more fulfilling lives, in the company of others.
• Provides highly effective support and assistance to enable individuals to understand and meet requirements to obtain and maintain funding for support and services through IRIS.
• Works in concert with individuals and those important to those individual to create the required IRIS Support and Services Plan.
• Continually seeks to learn and to share better ways to enable those we serve to lead more fulfilling lives.
• Works as part of an ICA team to participate in hiring, peer mentoring, learning, and mutual support to others within the team.
• Works to strengthen connections within neighborhoods and communities that may strengthen mutual support and caring among individuals they serve, their neighbors and other citizens.
• Maintains required documentation to assure state requirements for quality markers are met in a manner that meets and exceed program requirements.
• May provide Long-Term Care Functional Screen
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
• Mileage reimbursement
• Paid Time Off
• 10 Paid Holidays
• Ability to Contribute to 403B
• Employee Assistance Program
• Service Awards and Recognition
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, human services, counseling, nursing, special education or a related field and have a minimum of one year of supervised experience working with seniors and/or people living with disabilities; OR
• In lieu of degree, have a minimum of four years of direct experience related to the delivery of social services to seniors and/or people living with disabilities and long-term care needs in community settings; ORBe a current IRIS Consultant in good standing who has received an exemption from meeting these criteria by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
• Have a strong commitment to enabling people to be in control of their lives.
• Have a strong commitment to support people’s opportunities to live meaningful lives as valued citizens, friends, and neighbors.
• Capacity to support individuals served to meet required IRIS policies and procedures in ways that maximize administrative ease.
• Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a creative, flexible, empowered ICA Team.
• Capacity to use and apply smartphone, tablet and related technology.
• Considerable knowledge of human behavior, dynamics of groups, interpersonal relations, negotiation and social interaction.
• Considerable knowledge of social problems and their effects on individuals.
• Ability to organize and plan work effectively.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective public and working relationships.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and car – Motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record required.
• Must pass a Caregiver Background Check according to program regulations.
• Long-Term Care Functional Screening Certification preferred
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 80%. Some overnight travel may be required.
We want you! Apply today to join our team.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply, go to www.jobsthathelp.com/job/lutheran-social-services-of-wi-upper-mi-madison-wi-iris-consultant