Prevention Supervisor – Madison, WI
Organization: AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin
Location: Madison, WI
The Prevention Supervisor is responsible for leading and implementing prevention programming directed at populations most at risk of becoming HIV/HCV infected, specifically targeting men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs.
Scope of Responsibilities
The AIDS Resource Center of Wisconsin, Inc. (ARCW) is one of the nation’s largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $120 million and employing over 300 professionals. Our organization also includes both St. Louis Effort for AIDS (EFA) and Denver’s Rocky Mountain CARES (RMC).
The unique, nationally recognized ARCW HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. ARCW also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
ARCW operates in the states of WI, CO and MO. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
1. Recruit, train, supervise, coach, and evaluate staff/volunteers to implement programs within the parameters of the department budget and operational plan. Consult with the Department Director and the Director of Human Resources when personnel problems occur and take appropriate action.
2. Serve as a member of the Prevention leadership team, which includes providing input, engaging in discussion, maintaining consistent programming, and carrying out ARCW’s mission and market culture with team members.
3. Implement state of the art HIV prevention programs targeting those at highest risk for HIV, including men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs.
4. Provide staff training and development and ongoing monitoring to ensure implementation of standardized services and compliance with state and grant requirements.
5. Continuously research programs working with similar populations to ensure the target population is receiving the latest effective interventions available.
6. Develop a system to provide constant communication with staff to inform them of decisions made at management meetings and provide a forum to discuss issues staff may have.
7. Network with community stakeholders including CBO’s and State HIV Program staff.
8. Utilize electronic prevention records to generate program statistical reports and complete grant progress reports as required.
9. Develop and monitor the annual programmatic budget and work plans.
10. Assist in ARCW’s revenue generating strategies including grant applications, timely reporting to a funding source and other initiatives.
11. Serve as a fully functioning member of the Prevention team, able to participate in daily activities and functions to maintain overall ARCW operations.
12. Implement special projects and perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Prevention Services.
An understanding and requirement that as a Prevention Supervisor, you serve as one member of ARCW staff offering an array of services in one or many locations, and that you will need to provide services (e.g. in another ARCW location, at a satellite site) at times and/or participate in daily activities and functions that help maintain overall ARCW operations, as well as Prevention Services.
• Ability to network effectively with diverse constituencies within the community.
• Ability to formulate and implement problem solving concepts.
• Effective organization and fiscal management skills.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
• Has an Insurable Driving Record
• Owns a reliable insured vehicle
• Pre-employment TB Test (Required for employees with direct client contact)
• Ability to type along with a working knowledge of the following software/systems: word processing, spreadsheet, Windows Operating System, internet.
• Other Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Experienced in supervision of staff.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to AIDS/HIV and related issues.
• Prior experience in HIV counseling, testing and referrals.
• Prior harm reduction work.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, community health, social work or other related field and/or five years of related experience.
• CHES or CPH certification.
To apply, go to www.jobsthathelp.com/job/aids-resource-center-of-wisconsin-madison-wi-prevention-supervisor
Prevention Supervisor – Madison, WI