Horizon Health Services is a not-for-profit corporation in Western New York that provides hope and healing for individuals and their families dealing with substance use and/or mental health disorders. Horizon is committed to its community and its staff in the knowledge that a team of highly contented, highly trained and dedicated care givers is required to provide the highest quality, most effective, and empathetic treatment and recovery services to those in need. For more than 40 years, Horizon has remained constant in its commitment to be progressive and independent, and to seek out the best clinical and operational practices, emerging technologies and new strategies to help patients and their families. For ten consecutive years Horizon has been named one of the 50 Best Companies to Work for in New York State. Our sincerest appreciation to our employees, patients, families and community members who have the continued strength to work alongside our mission, Together for Recovery. Changing Lives. Saving Lives.
Our Promise to our Employees
All employees will always be treated with respect. Our leadership teams are trained in Servant Leadership and care about you as a person and an employee. We will help develop your skills to be the absolute best at your position.
Treatment Assistants are one of the first people that our new residents meet when they come to our campus and the last person they see before they leave. All staff, no matter what their position, clinical or administrative, bring equal value to our team. Treatment Assistants have an important role in our daily operations and play a huge part of the overall success of our residents and campus! They are part of a team that provides innovative, person-centered treatment designed to offer hope for individuals in recovery. We have multiple opportunities in Erie and Niagara County.
Duties and Responsibilities would be (full training provided):
- Identifying resident behavioral concerns and appropriately reporting to the clinical team
- Completing rounds to ensure building and resident safety ( inside & outside grounds )
- Handling all reception duties including answering the phones and managing guest and residents at the front door
- Supervising urine toxes
- Preforming administrative duties including but not limited to: sorting mail, making copies, filing and distributing faxes
- Monitoring medication administration., Obtaining and documenting vital signs from residents including blood pressure, pulse, etc
- Transporting residents to attend AA & NA meetings, Department of Social Services appointments, shopping trips and picking up families for family visitation
- Breathalyzing and searching residents for contraband upon admission or reentry into the building
- Supervising wellness and family group activities
- Processing admission and discharge paperwork
- Participating in cross shift meetings to promote clear, concise reporting between shifts
- Completing room searches and coordinating room changes
- Distributing linens
- Creating basic reports: i.e. Behavioral Graphs, Census Reports, Transportation Logs
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Observing resident chores to ensure they are completed appropriately
- After training, use De-escalation skills and advise residents about coping skill during times of stress
- Problem solving and suggesting program improvements (the best ideas come from new employees bringing in a different point of view!)
Bachelor’s Degree Required.
Please apply for this position on our website at www.horizon-health.org/careers/jobs/.