Organization: The Rainbow Project
Location: Madison, WI
REFERRAL & REPORTING COORDINATOR
the rainbow project inc.
Child & Family Counseling & Resource Clinic
831 EAST WASHINGTON AVENUE
MADISON, WI 53703-2935
– The Rainbow Project’s Referral & Reporting Coordinator is responsible for the administrative coordination of all agency programs.
– Primary duties include responding to referrals of individuals/families made to the agency, from the first point of contact through disposition.
– Process incoming requests for training/presentations, coordinate with requesting entity & clinical staff, & present information to professional, community & other participant groups on a range of professional topics related to the agency’s services & mission.
– Coordinate volunteer services, including childcare for groups.
– Collect & compile required data for completion of agency quarterly & year-end reports.
– Keep Referral & Reporting Coordinator reference binder/materials updated.
– This position reports to the Executive Director and Clinical Manager, and coordinates with the administrative & clinical teams.
– Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling or guidance preferred.
– Must have excellent organizational skills, respectful assertiveness & communication skills with colleagues & consumers; ability to work independently & part of a team; proficiency using Microsoft Office.
– Requires minimum of one year experience working with & knowledge of the following…
▪ Family dynamics & families affected by family violence, child maltreatment, & other traumatic experiences
▪ Young children with special needs
▪ Knowledge of early child development, including attachment
▪ Must be sensitive to needs of diverse children & families
– Bilingual (Spanish & English) an asset
A. Referral Coordination…
▪ Primary contact to receive, follow-up, & efficiently coordinate referrals made to the agency for all agency programs, including the following…
1. Obtain presenting concerns & demographic data at referral
2. Coordinate scheduling, preparation for, participation in (pending qualifications), & follow-up after consultation appointments
3. Collaborate with community agencies, providers, insurance companies, & other funding sources
4. Refer children/families to appropriate community services
5. Provide input regarding status of referred individuals/families at weekly Referral Review Meetings, & coordinate next actions with Clinical Manager
6. Maintain agency waiting list
7. Prepare assignments of referred individuals/families to Clinicians for enrollment in ongoing treatment
B. Group Facilitation…
▪ Plan, prepare, & implement child/adult education & skills-building group programming, as appropriate (based on qualifications & agency need)
C. Community Programs Administrative Coordination (scheduling & agency wide reporting)…
▪ Promote & educate others about agency programming, including potential referral sources, funders, & other interested parties
▪ Primary contact to receive, respond to, & coordinate requests for group psychotherapy & training/presentations
▪ Document & maintain ongoing data for all agency programs, as required by funders, for internal analysis, & evaluation; including quarterly & year-end service reports
▪ Coordinate with agency administrative, financial, & clinical staff
D. Records Requests…
▪ Coordination, oversight, & documentation of consumer records requests
E. Volunteer Manager (direct service volunteers)…
▪ Recruit, screen/interview, & supervise volunteers, including providing direction, coordination, & consultation for direct-service volunteer functions
▪ Provide orientation & ongoing support, guidance, & training for volunteers
To apply for this position, the following application & related materials should be completed by prospective applicants, & returned by the deadline specified…
1. Application for Employment Form
2. Application Questions
3. Background Information Disclosure Form
4. Demographics form
Application materials listed above are available on the “Careers” page of The Rainbow Project, Inc. website at http://therainbowproject.net/careers/.
Once the above are completed, please submit by…
The Rainbow Project Inc. 831 East Washington Avenue Madison WI 53703
The application process is as follows…
1. ALL applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Select applicants will be invited for a first round in-person question/answer style interview.
2. From the first-round question/answer style interview, select applicants will be invited for a second-round experiential style interview. Those invited (for a second-round interview) should bring written letters of recommendation from three professional references to the second-round interview.
3. From the second-round experiential style interview, references of select applicants will be contacted for professional reference check.
4. After completing select professional reference checks, an applicant will be chosen to fill the position.
Please note that if none of the applicants are selected, the application process will remain open until an applicant is selected & may be reposted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE…10/28/2019 OR UNTIL POSITION IS FILLED