SOAR Case Management Services, Inc. is a consumer-directed, trauma-informed, wellness and recovery-oriented provider of mental health services.
As our programs at SOAR continue to grow, we are accepting applications for a permanent full-time (40 hours per week) Case Manager. This position requires excellent organizational skills and efficient ability to meet deadlines for time sensitive paperwork.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• Maintain communication, consultation and supervision with Executive director and other administration staff
• Complete intake, assessments, treatment plans and all other paperwork required per contracts.
• Develop and maintain thorough and comprehensive understanding of agency programs: Recovery Dane, Community Recovery Services, Comprehensive Community Services, Psychiatric Clinic, Case Management and the Peer Run Respite Home
• Develop direct one-on-one relationships with consumers, supporting them to develop new skills and abilities, access the skills and abilities they have to achieve personal recovery goals, increase their independence, empowerment and improve their quality of life
• Timely documentation of services provided to clients.
• Monitor and maintain records of Chapter 51 reviews and plan reviews.
• Services may include supportive counseling, ADL training, vocational endeavors, financing and budgeting, obtaining and maintaining housing, assisting with legal problems, medication management
• Help client identify and establish natural and professional supports
• Coordinate with other service providers
• Maintain contact with consumer to degree sufficient to monitor and assist recovery
• Commit to treating all clients with dignity, courtesy and respect
• On-call rotation
• Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience (required)
• Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field or one year of experience in human services
• Well-developed understanding of the principles of Mental Health Recovery, Empowerment, Self Determination and Cultural Competence and a commitment to implementing these principles
• Knowledge of mental health diagnoses/conditions and substance use, appropriate supports and interventions
• Demonstrate ability to work with a great deal of autonomy, applying critical thinking and advanced problem solving skills
• Function as part of a coordinated team and complying with set regulations/requirements
• Highly developed oral and written communication skills; attentive and active listener, positive
• Applicants must pass a caregiver background check
Education and Experience (preferred but not required)
• Masters level in human services related field
• Wisconsin Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC) or Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor certification (CSAC)
• Proficient in computer skills; electronic documentation and computer-based resources
• Bilingual language skills
• Experience with intake, assessment and creating person centered treatment plans
SOAR Case Management Services Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where Staff diversity and cultural competence are essential elements of our service provision and our mission to help people recover on their own terms.
Excellent benefit package which includes, generous health, dental and disability package, flexible schedule, generous paid time off, paid training towards your continuing education requirements, employee matched 401k retirement.
You may read about our non-profit agency at the following link: http://soarcms.org/
Applications accepted until qualified candidate is hired.
Please send resume to:
2132 Fordem Ave.,
Madison, WI 53704