EmployAbility is growing and is seeking a QUALIFIED Employment Specialist. Must have own vehicle and some flexibility in scheduling. Full or part-time.
- Minimum qualifications:
- Education beyond high school in a social services related field.
- Experience working with people with disabilities and/or mental health concerns.
- Computer proficiency including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Windows
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service related field
- Experience in vocational rehabilitation
The purpose of an Employment Specialist is to provide all necessary support to assist consumers in their efforts to find and sustain employment. Employment Specialists work as a team and support every consumer on EmployAbility’s caseload.
EmployAbility is a social service provider, and all employees should demonstrate professionalism, be cognizant of ethical considerations, act as an advocate for people with disabilities and mental health concerns to obtain meaningful employment, be mindful of best practices when working with people with diverse backgrounds, and utilize a consumer-driven approach to services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate one on one meetings with consumers
- Reach out to prospective employers
- Meet and coordinate with Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and CCS providers
- Complete reports
- Attend meetings and training workshops
- Work as a team and cooperatively coordinate with all other EmployAbility staff
- Provide short-term work-site support to consumers with a goal to transition to independence through development of natural supports, job aid creation, and skill development
- Support consumers in employment-related soft skill development
- Answer questions and provide information
- Various other duties as assigned
The majority of job development work is performed in a temperature-controlled office setting requiring the ability to sit at a desk and utilize a computer for long periods of time. However, some meetings occur in schools and public spaces such as libraries and restaurants.
Systematic Instruction/Job Coaching is performed in a very wide range of settings including but not limited to retail, food service, manufacturing, and outdoor labor. Employment Specialist are not be required to participate in labor tasks assigned to consumers but will be in environments that may involve but are not limited to standing, walking, extreme temperatures, and exposure to the elements.
Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive a vehicle in order to perform job duties effectively. Employment Specialists must be able to operate a computer, phone, and all other office technology.
- No supervisory duties
- $2/hour shift differential for occasional evening and weekend systematic instruction (on-call one weekend per month)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Health insurance (Eligible with 30+ hours/week)
- 2 weeks of PTO
- Sick time
- Paid holidays
- Staff outings
- Testing fee paid to become a Certified Employment Support Professional (1 year of employment support prerequisite)
- Job Type: Full or part-time
- Salary: $16.00/hour
Email resume to:
EmployAbility: Employment and Housing Solutions, LLC
Toll-Free Fax: 855-815-0053