Job Title & Location: Director, New York City
Reports To: Chief of Clinical Services, Amanda Fialk PhD, LCSW, LICSW, Clinical Social Work/Therapist
Prepared Date: 9/19/19
The Dorm is approaching its 10 year anniversary in offering compassionate services to young adults looking to further their independence. Helping young adults launch independent lives means doing things a little differently. They know how success for their clients looks – they do all that they can to meet them where they are right now. That can be literal – with services that extend beyond outside of a traditional office setting with real-time support wherever and whenever they need it. It’s also conceptual, and based on where our clients are on their way to independence. Their integrated approach to treatment includes individual therapy, skills therapy, case management, clubhouse community, group therapy, family therapy, psychiatric support, and volunteering. All of their approaches to care help them treat clients struggling with a range of challenges, be that mental health, trauma, academic work or recovery. The Dorm currently has two offices (New York City and Washington, DC) and is happily embracing growth mode.
John Mcgeehan is the CEO / Founder, LCSW, CADC – over the past decade John implemented his vision for The Dorm which has set a new standard in the world of young adult treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Oversees clinical programming and clinical services of a Dorm site, under the supervision of Chief of Clinical Services.
2. Provides individual, group and family therapy for The Dorm clients and family members, as applicable.
3. Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning and uses treatment plan to inform all services.
4. Develops ideas around trainings and facilitates the delivery of ongoing clinical training curriculum for all staff.
5. Identifies external clinical training opportunities for clinical team.
6. Is responsible for creating and executing major clinical/programmatic development initiatives.
7. Is responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate and valuable organizational alliances.
8. Conducts in person and phone screening of potential clients/families and determines appropriate clinician for meet & greet and assessment.
9. Provides supervision to clinical team/adjunct team individually and at group level around best practices, organization, documentation and time management.
10. Provides supervision to clinical team individually and at group level creating a safe space for clinicians to explore difficult and challenging countertransference issues.
11. Provides “co-facilitator” group supervision on a monthly basis
12. Assists Operations & Marketing in maintaining up to date, referral lists as well as other relevant lists of contacts and referral sources.
13. Is responsible for recommendations of clinical policy and procedures and ensures clinical policies and procedures are implemented properly.
14. Attends selected local, regional and national industry conferences.
15. Contributes to marketing efforts by participating in development of marketing strategy and strategic partnerships including but not limited to: working with CEO and CMO, speaking before professional groups, contributing ideas for website and social media initiatives, messaging, collateral material design, etc.
16. Helps to define and maintain The Dorm’s cultural values, goals, and tone for communication within the company.
17. Creates team building events and initiatives to improve employee morale, job satisfaction and team cohesion.
18. Supervises and manages the integration of companion support for independent living clients.
19. Follows policies and procedures in conjunction with operations and finance to ensure accurate charting and billing.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor and Leadership team.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Master’s degree in social work, counseling or related program in psychology required.
• State Licensure in social work or counseling required.
• The ideal candidate has at least 8 years of related experience in a clinical setting with adolescents or young adults.
• The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of clinical supervisory and leadership experience.
For further information contact:
Ted Gregory, General Partner
nostoneunturned executive search
504 West Cathedral Parkway
New York, NY 10025
Phone: (917) 287-5564