POSITION: AODA Prevention Specialist (Position becomes available, January 2020)
Family Service Madison Inc. seeks a full time prevention specialist to join the PICADA, AODA Prevention program.
· Delivers AODA general, selective and indicated prevention and intervention programs, activities and services for school/community presentations.
· Assists in design of AODA prevention and intervention programs and services for diverse groups.
· Becomes familiar with Dane County communities, agencies, and organizations.
· Provides basic AODA information in person and over the phone.
· Keeps accurate monthly, bi-annually/annually, RFP/Grant funding reports
· Becomes familiar with PICADA’s mission, policies, and procedures and participates in outside assignments in accordance with these.
· Assist with agency marketing, fundraising and public relations efforts as assigned.
· Demonstrates abilities and expectations necessary for all PICADA staff; (interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving, team-work, and commitment).
· Become familiar with all PICADA programming in order to substitute when needed.
· Participates in all staff trainings and activities.
1. Bachelor’s degree in a Human Services field or minimum of 4 years working in the AODA prevention field
2. Has obtained Prevention Specialist Certification or Prevention Specialist in-training certification is preferred.
3. Working knowledge of AODA prevention activities and strategies.
4. Is flexible
5. Able to perform tasks independently with little supervision.
Hours: 40 hour work week, most days, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; some evening work will be required, some weekend work might be required.
Eligible candidate must pass a Wisconsin caregiver background check and criminal history.
Wage: Based on experience. Benefit package available. Sick time, vacation time, and paid holidays.
Deadline: Until position is filled
To apply, please visit Family Service Madison’s Website at www.fsmad.org and click on the “Careers” tab to access the application.
Send your completed application and resume to Julie
· By email: email@example.com
· By mail: Family Service Madison, Attn: Julie, 128 E. Olin Avenue, Ste. 100, Madison, WI 53713
FAMILY SERVICE MADISON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER