Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Patient Navigator to:
· Provide patient support and navigation services to HIV negative individuals who are at higher risk for contracting HIV and/or who may have barriers to accessing and adhering to Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) care.
· Support the development of systems and infrastructure to increase PrEP services within UW Health and other local community systems.
Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in social work; counseling; nursing, health education or related field.
Preferred – Master’s Degree in social work; counseling; nursing, health education, public health or related field.
Preferred -2 years of experience working in HIV prevention or care, medical care systems, diverse populations, and/or underserved communities.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Valid Driver’s License.
Preferred – Active State license in degree field, as applicable.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated ability to function as a team member.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to provide services with cultural competence.
· Comfort with public speaking.
· Ability to drive to off-site locations.
· Ability to work occasional evenings.
· Community-based work required.
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
· 100% FTE (40 hours per week).
· Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, variable hours.
· Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation’s leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply online by following the link below.Read the full article at: https://eimy.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/3052/?=undefined&sortBy=POSTING_DATES_DESC&keyword=3052