Horizon Health Services is a not-for-profit corporation in Western New York that provides hope and healing for individuals and their families dealing with substance use and/or mental health disorders. Horizon is committed to its community and its staff in the knowledge that a team of highly contented, highly trained and dedicated care givers is required to provide the highest quality, most effective, and empathetic treatment and recovery services to those in need. For more than 40 years, Horizon has remained constant in its commitment to be progressive and independent, and to seek out the best clinical and operational practices, emerging technologies and new strategies to help patients and their families. For ten consecutive years Horizon has been named one of the 50 Best Companies to Work for in New York State. Our sincerest appreciation to our employees, patients, families and community members who have the continued strength to work alongside our mission, Together for Recovery. Changing Lives. Saving Lives.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Chemical Dependency Counselor is responsible for assessing client needs in areas of service planning, group process, and direct services to patients.
This job opportunity may be available at multiple Horizon locations. Please check out our full listing of job opportunities for additional information.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a caseload consistent with regulations
- Conducts comprehensive assessment of patient needs
- Based on assessment, develops a treatment plan reflective of these needs and identified strengths
- Initiates consultation with multi-disciplinary team regarding patient assessment and treatment plan
- Ongoing assessment of service needs and modification of treatment plan to reflect these changing needs
- Provides patient with linkages to other supportive services as identified in the assessment
- Maintains patient records and ensures documentation consistent with regulatory agencies, UR/QA, and payers
- Provides crisis intervention and management to patients
- Maintains working relationships with referral agencies and supportive services to enable comprehensive service provision to patients
- Performs other duties as defined by the Program Director
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents may be required to follow any other instructions, and to perform any other related duties, that may be required by their supervisor
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skill, and/or ability necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrates a knowledge base upon which they provide direct service and clinical advisement
Applicants without minimum education will not be considered for this position.
This position is Full Time in a Niagara or Erie County Outpatient program.
Monday- Friday day shift 2 evening shifts per week.
Please apply for this position on our website at www.horizon-health.org/careers/jobs/.