- Salary: $16.65 – $21.36 Hourly
- Location: Health Care Center, 3530 N. County Road F, Janesville, WI
- Job Type: Full Time
- Department: Human Services
- Application Deadline: 11/22/2019 at 5:00 PM Central Time (US & Canada)
- Organization: Rock County – State of Wisconsin (Government job)
Psychiatric Technicians serve in a multifaceted capacity to support the crisis intervention unit by answering the crisis phone line, triaging client needs, and guiding crisis intervention worker assignments in addition to other paraprofessional roles of working independently and directly with clients to complete paperwork for pending inpatient admissions and discharges, provide transport, and providing support to clients receiving crisis stabilization services such as medication delivery, welfare checks, and phone prompts to clients.
40% – Front line responder to Crisis Intervention phone line
- Serve in a front line capacity on the crisis phone line – answer all incoming calls
- Triage need for crisis response and assign crisis calls to crisis workers
- Assist callers with support and informational calls
- Track crisis workers locations and times for mobile responses
- Complete all financial, clients rights, client possessions, consent forms, and other necessary forms, prior to facilitating the transfer of admission documentation to the contracted facilities.
- Copy all necessary forms required for admissions
- Obtain client records as needed from the county outpatient clinics or closed records.
- Assist in updating crisis plans and necessary accounting forms.
- Complete daily charge sheets and all required documentation in DAP formatting for all client contacts and all contacts on behalf of clients.
- Delivering and observing medication self administration for identified clients
- Sit with clients at HCC who are not directly observed by police, crisis worker, or security
- Provide urgent crisis management related assignments tot he registered clients for the County’s mental health programs (JCC, BCC, CSPs, FCS, etc…)
- Accompany security staff to and from transport vehicle and HCC to assist client in getting safely secured in the car.
- Transport clients to or from inpatient hospitalizations when security staff are not available.
- Receive all requests for transportation and coordinate transportation schedule with security staff.
- Maintain transport request log and transportation schedule with in/out times for safety measures.
- Notify security guard when client to be transported has MA for billing purposes.
- Complete thorough search of the client or arrange to have it done by security staff or law enforcement before transport.
10% – Assist with administrative housekeeping
- Complete daily filing, organizing client records and documents.
- Making copies of necessary paperwork and other similar functions which facilitate the smooth workflow and information exchange in the crisis unit.
- Knowledge of the needs of persons experiencing acute and or long term psychiatric illness, chemical dependency, and co-occurring disorders.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to respond with empathy to clients and maintain unconditional positive regard.
- Ability to keep confidential information confidential.
- Ability to observe and document behaviors and responses of clients.
- Ability to react efficiently and calmly to crisis situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skills in multitasking and organizing information.
Job Requirements, Education, Training & Experience
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent
- 60 college /college transferable credits with an emphasis in counseling, social work, psychology, human services, or a combination of training and experience
- Valid drivers license with acceptable driving record.
Essential Job Functions (physical elements, equipment and working conditions)Physical Elements:
- Occasional bending, kneeling and reaching, standing, sitting, or driving for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 40 lbs.
- Telephone – frequent
- Computer- frequent
- Indoor office location and community based work including work in client homes, agencies and other community based locations.
- Potential exposure to physically or verbally abusive clients.
Attachment: Psychiatric Technician