Housing Program Manager (Scattered Site)
If you are looking for a career helping families who have experienced homelessness in our community and truly making a difference in people’s lives, then we would love to talk to you! The Road Home Dane County is currently recruiting for a Housing Program Manager to join our professional team in providing opportunities for homeless children and their families to achieve self-determined goals and affordable, stable housing.
In addition to a great work atmosphere, The Road Home offers competitive wages and benefits, including medical insurance coverage effective on your first day of full time employment!!! For more information on this great job opportunity and how to apply, keep reading!!
The Housing Program Manager (Scattered Site) manages the overall supervision of case management services at The Road Home’s scattered site housing programs, ensuring smooth delivery of case management services to program participants. The main responsibility of the role is to train, develop, and supervise professional case management staff, and in doing so, support staff and Manager to advance the mission of The Road Home. As part of the Program Leadership team, the Manager will report to the Program Director and be accountable for tracking and meeting program goals and objectives, as well as assist in addressing operational and strategic issues as they arise. In addition, the Housing Program Manager (Scattered Site) is responsible for working towards partnership and system goals/improvements with family housing agencies and the Homeless Services Consortium.
Staff Support and Development
● Supervise 4-6 department staff, via weekly check in meetings and additional ongoing consultation as needed
● Motivate staff to achieve goals through individual and group supervision, coaching, goal setting, and training/professional development
● Organize trainings and topics for case managers meetings (generally once per month)
● Assist in hiring and onboarding staff when needed
● Review and evaluate staff performance
● Process referrals and smoothly connect participants to appropriate program
● Implement and monitor a strengths-based, solution-focused approach to case management for programs and services
● Ensure the timely flow of case management activities to meet program goals and objectives
● Deliver complex case management for cases that demand higher level solutions
● Mediate client grievances and facilitate case management/client issues
Operations and Reporting
● Provide insight on evaluating and improving programs and procedures
● Oversee data entry and accuracy and complete reports as needed
● Ensure effective program operations and compliance with funder expectations and goals
● Work with Program Leadership team to develop consistent practices, procedures, and forms as appropriate
● Work closely with The Salvation Army, YWCA, and other partner agencies to effectively coordinate services across agencies/programs
● Liaison between other agencies, funders, and case managers as needed, especially in regards to program planning and evaluation
● Actively participate in the Dane County Homeless Services Consortium and represent The Road Home on committees as appropriate
● in coordination with Program Director and Executive Director, attend program-related community, coalition and committee meetings as needed
Supervision, Leadership, Mentoring, Teamwork Orientation, Confidentiality, Collaboration, Thoroughness, Time Management, Good Oral and Written Communication, Flexibility, Organizational Skills, Initiative
Education, Experience & Qualifications:
A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field is preferred.
Previous Supervisory experience is required.
Effective written and oral communication, presentation, and technological skills are required.
Must have the ability to structure and prioritize a wide range of tasks, and meet objectives in a timely manner.
Experience working with a diverse population required.
Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license, maintain automobile insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
Hours: This is a full-time position and core hours and days are Monday through Friday 8:30 A.m. to 5 p.m., requiring occasional evening and weekend hours.
Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
AA/EEO Statement: It is the policy of The Road Home to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, national origin, pregnancy or childbirth, ancestry, physical appearance, income level, source of income, political beliefs, marital, genetic, student or veteran status.