Organization: Salvation Army of the Midwest
Location: Madison, WI
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Adheres to and promotes the philosophy and the mission of The Salvation Army of Dane County Social Services. Adheres to The Salvation Army Code of Ethics and Philosophy of Care.
- Provides families and women information regarding shelter rules and community resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of all guest information.
- Enforce shelter rules as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records, files, statistics and reports.
- Completes daily shelter duties as assigned.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and regular supervision with Shelter Services Director.
- Complete all self-studies, and training opportunities as directed by Shelter Services Director.
- Assists in training new shelter staff.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Models expected behavior for staff by upholding policies and procedures.
- Showcases leadership, dedication, initiative, compassion, consistency and willingness to improve work performance and knowledge.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve shelter and provides feedback to Shelter Services Director.
- Completes additional tasks as assigned by the Shelter Services Director, Executive Director of Social Services or the Dane County Coordinator.