We have an opening for a Program Support Specialist in our GROW CCS East program! The Program Support Specialist (PSSII) assists the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) and PROPs (First Episode Psychosis) programs with the organization, administration and coordination of the operations. The Program Support Specialist will work with the team to organize and assist in the day-to-day operations of the programs. This position will answer telephones, support team members and provide administrative assistance. The Program Support Specialist is part of a team that is committed to cultural humility and demonstrates this by valuing difference/diversity and recognizing the strengths of all team members.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Program Support Specialist reports directly to the Associate Director with overall program supervision by the Director.
- Knowledge of and experience using confidentiality principles and guidelines.
- Ability to have contact with consumers and demonstrate respect and principles of recovery.
- Commitment to improve one’s own cultural humility.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Computer experience; accurate and prompt word processing ability.
- Excellent writing, editing and organization skills.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle.
- Experience in a healthcare setting, working directly with consumers with mental health and substance use concerns.
- Computer experience with a Macintosh system.
- Accounting experience.
- Experience and expertise in performing clerical duties in a culturally sensitive manner.
- Bilingual (Spanish or Hmong).
- Assist staff in day to day functioning: answer phones, welcome consumers, fax and file paperwork, assist with computer questions/problems, prepare and maintain daily schedules for staff and meeting rooms
- Maintain databases to track consumer outcomes and paperwork due dates
- Work with JMHC credentialing specialist to ensure CCS staff obtain and maintain CCS credentials
- Maintain a clean, professional and friendly workspace
- Assist staff in establishing priorities for responding to individuals in crisis when there are simultaneous requests both on-site and on the phone
- Demonstrate excellent people skills and principles of consumer/customer satisfaction
- Coordinate activities and/or meetings with other program support specialists
C. General Program and Agency Responsibilities
- Coordinate and order supply inventory
- Coordinate building maintenance needs
- Work actively and positively to maintain good working relationships between other JMHC programs, vendors and other community members
- Maintain a welcoming and comfortable waiting area environment
- Work toward improving one’s own cultural humility
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.
Apply online at https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/40276842?pc=EC3E70238FRead the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/40276842?pc=EC3E70238F