Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually.
Job Title: LGBTQ+ Youth Group Facilitator
Description: Facilitator for Teens Like Us, a youth group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning (LGBTQ+) teens. Individuals in this position provide direct services to youth in a group setting
• Requires participants to be enrolled in an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree program in a human services or a related field from an accredited college or university or at least two (2) years of full-time experience working in a youth development setting.
• Prior experience working with vulnerable youth and knowledge of positive youth development and trauma informed care required.
• Candidates should have previous youth group facilitation experience.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Plans and facilitate groups for youth that provide support, education and build upon the youths’ skills and coping mechanisms.
• Organizes and supervises community presentations and special events for youth.
• Recruits youth for group-based services and screens youth to ensure they are appropriate for participation in these services.
• Maintains a database for clients receiving youth group services and documents the provision of services including groups, presentations, special events, and/or case managements services.
• Collects data regarding services provided as requested by supervisory and/or leadership staff.
• Distributes client satisfactions surveys and collects completed surveys from clients.
• Assists with training and supervision of volunteers and/or field students.
• Monitors and updates the agency’s social networking sites.
• Performs other reasonable and related duties as assigned
Hours: Part-time; 5-10 hours per week. Evenings required; occasional weekend days for events. Expansion of program services could lead to additional hours for this position. Group currently meets Tuesday evenings 5pm-7pm.
Transportation: All staff are required to have a valid driver’s license in good standing with auto insurance. Transporting clients is a requirement of this position.
Starting pay is $17 per hour.
This is a non-benefitted position.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter
by Friday, January 3, 2020 at 4:00pm to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Jay Kiefer
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.