Position Summary and Job Duties
This position plays a key role in leading the Youth Services Center that serves youth and their families with complex needs. The Operations Manager is responsible for creating and sustaining a culture of care and practice which is welcoming, responsive, and focused on the comprehensive safety and wellbeing of youth, families and staff. Oversees the effective implementation, operations, and outcomes of DOC 346 and DCF 59 Licensing Regulations. Leads and supports a team of Supervisors who are responsible for 24 hour care at the YSC. Responsible for supervision (clinical and administrative), quality improvement, personnel management within a trauma-informed framework, regulatory compliance, and collaboration with Administrative Services Division staff. Demonstrates leadership in collaboration with key community partners. Works as part of a team of Supervisors and Managers who share responsibility for the Children, Youth & Families continuum of care.
50% – Oversees the efficient and effective day to day operation of the YSC.
- Directly supervises YSC social worker and Administrative Assistant.
- Reports to Youth Justice Program Manager on a regular basis on matters related to facility operations.
- Works closely with Nursing, General Services, and IT on matters related to facility operations.
- Oversees supervisors and staff adherence to facility trauma-informed care practices.
- Identifies, ensures, and coordinates proper training for staff based on DOC/DOJ standards.
- Works with Lead Supervisor and Shift Supervisors to ensure line staff promote the values and mission of the YSC, CYF, HSD and Rock County.
- Promotes a team atmosphere among staff and provides leadership on staff moral.
- Facilitates organized and effective team meetings.
- Oversees daily schedule, structure, and programming in the building.
- Provides on-call support on a 24-hour basis by telephone and in person, as required by crisis and emergency situations on a rotating schedule with lead supervisor.
15% – Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for the oversight of DOC 346 and DCF 59 Licensing Regulations
- Develop, amend, and educate on YSC Policy and Procedures
20% – Coordinates the delivery of treatment services, academic, health/medical and recreational programs to facility residents.
- Provides oversight of the facility social worker to ensure proper treatment and care coordination of youth.
- Provides oversight of facility health related care for youth (nursing and food services).
- Works with the Janesville School District Director of Pupil Services to ensure proper educational services for youth.
- Provides facility oversight of behavior management program as well as the ACTIONS program.
10% – Manages personnel related matters associated with facility staff.
- Ensures annual performance evaluations are completed on all staff on an annual basis.
- Provides guidance and oversight to Lead Supervisor and Shift/Relief Supervisors on leadership charter and professional standards .
- Interviews, hires, and assists in personnel matters.
5% – Other duties as assigned.Success Factors (KSA’s)
- Comprehensive working knowledge of institutional management practices with particular emphasis in an environment with a 24-hour operation involving youth ages 10-17.
- Considerable skill in interpreting federal and state regulations and statutes governing care and treatment of youth in residential/detention facilities; knowledge of evidenced-based treatment programs.
- Considerable knowledge of effective managerial and supervisory techniques and practices; working knowledge of behavioral health treatment modalities
- Knowledge of evidence based practices
- Knowledge of youth justice system and residential/detention programs.
- Strong oral and written skills, strong interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications in Microsoft Office products.
- Working knowledge in the analysis of reports and statistics.
Job Requirements, Education, Training & Experience
- Masters Degree from an accredited college or university in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or related field.
- Minimum of three years experience in a supervisory/administrative capacity within a shelter care, secure detention, correctional, residential treatment facility or closely related setting.
- Juvenile Detention Officer Certification within one year of employment.
- Must possess and maintain a current unrestricted (not due to corrective lenses) driver’s license and auto insurance pursuant to the Rock County Administrative Policy and Procedure Policy 5.02 and 5.27.
- POSC Training within one year of employment.
- CPR/AED Training within six months of employment.
Essential Job Functions (physical elements, equipment and working conditions)
- Ability to walk up one flight of stairs
- Ability to lift and carry at least 20 pounds for at least 15 feet.
- Ability to squat to inspect cells under bunks, tables, etc.
- Ability to carry mattresses and bags of laundry
- Ability to push the food cart with trays of food
- Ability to push the mop bucket, move chairs and tables as needed
- Ability to lift, push/pull objects weighing up to 165 pounds
In an emergency situation, Youth Specialists must be able to physically restrain youth using the Principles of Subject Control (POSC); intervene in physical altercations between youth; provide suicide intervention and first aid as necessary; and lead evacuation and rescue efforts should there be an emergency situation in the building such as a power outage, fire, tornado, or other environmental issue.
Use of Equipment:
- Ability to use a computer and computer keyboard
- Ability to use Portable Radio
- Most work is indoors within the Youth Services Center – a secure facility. Frequent Department and County meetings at other locations.
* Possible exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
* Essential to operations
Apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com//rock/default.cfm
Read the full article at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rock/jobs/2647341/operations-manager-ysc?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs