Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually.
Job Title: Youth Counselor
Description: This position provides Youth Restitution Program services to court-involved youth. This
includes assisting clients with completing court ordered community service/restitution
obligations, and supervising groups of youth in the community.
- Degree in human services or related field.
- Two years of paid experience working with at risk youth ages 10-17.
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working with youth of diverse cultural backgrounds, knowledge of the Dane County youth justice system, and demonstrated ability to advocate for youth of color.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of youth with court ordered obligations.
- Supervise group community service projects with court ordered youth.
- Conduct client intake/assessment interviews.
- Negotiate contracts with program clients.
- Develop job and volunteer opportunities in the public and private sectors.
- Encourage community support and involvement for court supervised youth.
- Maintain up to date case notes and files on all assigned cases.
- Maintain contact with parents, social workers, and court personnel.
- Write timely, accurate reports.
- Attend court hearings and team meetings.
Hours: This is a 40 hour per week position with flexible hours, based upon program and client
needs. Early evening and some weekend hours are required.
Transportation: A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
Starting pay is $17.00 per hour
Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B
plan; flex spending account; mileage reimbursement; and generous paid time off.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter
by 12 pm, Friday, January 3, 2020 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Dean C. Bossenbroek
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.