Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually.
Job Title: Youth Counselor Intensive Supervision
Description: This position provides Intensive Supervision Program services to court-involved youth. This includes assisting clients in completing court ordered obligations and providing general counseling and case management services.
- Degree in human services or related field with a minimum of 2 years paid employment working with youth ages 10-17.
- Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who have experience working with youth of diverse, cultural backgrounds, knowledge of the Dane County youth justice system, and demonstrated ability to communicate and advocate for clients
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct client, family, and team meetings while providing individual and family support counseling and coaching.
- Facilitate weekly competency development groups and connect clients with natural community supports.
- Assist clients in completing court ordered restitution and community service obligations.
- Maintain up to date files on all assigned cases and create and prepare monthly progress reports for the juvenile court.
- Attend juvenile court hearings and school meetings.
Hours: This is a 40 hour per week position, with flexible hours, based upon program and client needs. Evening and occasional weekend hours are required.
Transportation: A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
Starting pay is $17.00 per hour
Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B plan; flex spending account; mileage reimbursement; and generous paid time off.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter
by 5:00pm on Friday, January 3 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Ross Hazlewood
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: email@example.com
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.