Organization: Briarpatch Youth Services
Location: Madison, WI
Persons in this position serve youth and families in the Briarpatch Runaway & Homeless Youth (RHY) Program.
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in human services or a related field from an accredited college or university; or, the equivalent of two (2) years of full-time experience working in a human services or youth development setting.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
• Applicants should possess an understanding of Trauma Informed Care, Positive Youth Development, and Harm Reduction.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides intake assessment, counseling, and case management services to youth and their families.
• May occasionally oversee the daily living activities of youth staying in the agency’s youth shelter.
• Establishes and maintains client files; documents client contacts and completes case related documentation in accordance with RHY Program and agency standards.
• Provides assistance and support to volunteers, interns and other RHY staff
• Maintains a working knowledge of RHY Program and agency policies and procedures.
• Participates in the RHY Program on-call staff rotation.
• Answers the RHY Program help-line as necessary.
• Performs other reasonable and related duties as assigned.
Hours: This is a full-time 40 hour per week position. Typical work hours are between 9:00am and 9:00pm Monday through Friday. On-call counselor hours include weekend and overnight coverage with additional compensation provided.
Transportation: A valid driver’s license in good standing with auto insurance is preferred.
Compensation Package: Starting pay is $18.00 per hour. A higher starting wage is available for persons with a master’s degree in a human services field and/or 5 plus years of experience working with youth. Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B plan; flex spending account; mileage reimbursement; and generous paid time off.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by 01/06/2020 to: Briarpatch Youth Services Attn: Kendra Green 2720 Rimrock Road Madison, WI 53713-3337 Or Email: email@example.com