Location(s): Sheboygan, Oshkosh, Fond Du Lac, Marinette
Organization: Aurora Health Care
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Conducts patient assessments and provides psychotherapy and other related therapies to individuals, couples, families or groups of patients. Follows established policies and procedures of assigned service area.
- Provides quality individual, couple, family and/or group therapy, which are focused on the patient’s identified diagnosis and needs.
- Provides clinical/therapeutic services to a diverse client population. Accepts and treats all patients as identified or assigned willingly and with professionalism. Applies brief therapeutic intervention model as appropriate.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments, diagnoses, formulates and monitors individualized treatment plans and treatment interventions which are in accordance with the department’s Provision of Care and the Hospital’s policies.
- Provides case management and utilization review services for patient in his/her assigned caseload. Provides education to patient and family as needed.
- Makes appropriate referrals to services within the Hospital and Aurora Behavioral Health Services or outside if needed. Serves as a liaison with these referral sources in coordination with other staff to insure continuity of care in discharge planning.
- Actively participates in clinical supervision and peer review activities. Provides consultation with other professionals, including ongoing clinical team treatment staffing.
- Provides community education and outreach, including referral development and marketing efforts to generate new business. Willingly accepts this as a necessary part of their job above and beyond caseload requirements.
- Accurately completes all documentation responsibilities as outlined in department/service area procedures within established timelines. Documentation responsibilities include but are not limited to: treatment plans, discharge summaries, aftercare plans, records for billing, etc.
- Assists in treatment development, innovation and improvements. Participates in performance improvement activities and care management initiatives as directed.
License & Certifications
- Professional Counselor license issued by the state of Wisconsin
- Marriage and Family Therapist license issued by the state of Wisconsin
- Social Worker, Clinical license issued by the state of Wisconsin
- Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Clinical
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Educational
- Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counseling or related field
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in providing therapy in behavioral health.
- Some positions may be restricted to individuals with Master’s Degree in Social Work and be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker upon hire.
- Some positions may also require one of the following Substance Abuse licenses upon hire, Substance Abuse Counselor-In-Training, Substance Abuse Counselor, Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor, or Clinical Supervisor-In-Training. Skilled as a generalist and has one or more specializations.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in the application of theory, practice and techniques of behavioral health and/or substance abuse treatment services. Good written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to function in a complex mental health delivery system. Demonstrated Experience working with the pediatric patient population.
At Aurora Health Care
- We pride ourselves on taking care of our people. And not just our patients—we mean you, too. We help each other live well. When you work at Aurora, you get the chance to work with a dedicated team that’s as passionate about the work as you are. Here, you’ll find limitless opportunities for ongoing learning, career advancement, competitive compensation and a stable work environment. But more than that, you have the opportunity to change lives—including your own.
- Diversity and inclusion matters at Aurora. We celebrate our differences and nurture an environment where everyone feels included. We know that when we reflect the communities we serve, when we embrace differences and bring our whole selves to work every day, we are working as one to build a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Aurora supports a safe, healthy and drug-free work environment through criminal background checks and pre-employment drug testing. We maintain a smoke-free environment at all our locations. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply directly please contact Katrina.Volbrecht@advocatehealth.com