LCEC Community Engagement Manager
The Lussier Community Education Center (LCEC) is a grassroots community center with a 40-year history of strong programs, broad partnerships and grassroots community organizing. Located on the grounds of Jefferson Middle School, the LCEC has a mission of building community, creating opportunities, enriching education.
The Community Engagement Manager is responsible for creating and facilitating relationships that allow a diverse array of people and organizations to share their time and skills to benefit our community through LCEC programs in alignment with the Lussier Framework. This position places and supports volunteers in LCEC staffed programs and manages all aspects of LCEC’s all-volunteer programs. Currently we engage over 400 volunteers per year in over 10,000 hours of volunteer work.
Strong candidates will be highly relational, organized, and flexible. They will approach community engagement work from a justice orientation. They will be able to build strong relationships with people of many different backgrounds and provide meaningful experiences that fit both the needs of the Center and the various interests of community members and groups.
Hours: Full time with some evenings and weekends
Compensation: $44,000 with health insurance, life & short/long term disability insurance, 403(b) and generous vacation and sick leave package
Engage individuals in regular, ongoing work to support the mission and programs of the LCEC in alignment with the Lussier Framework
- Provide welcoming, comprehensive volunteer recruitment, orientation, placement, and suppory
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to grow in their ability to support the Lussier Framework
- Manage volunteers internship programs, and college, high school and court-mandated community service programs in compliance with program requirements
- Prepare and implement annual plans for volunteer appreciation
Develop and maintain long term relationships with educational institutions, businesses, neighborhood groups, and community organizations to provide project-based, ongoing, and expert support to the mission and programs of the LCEC
- Work with college/university partners, faculty, and programs to build relationships that result in the placement of student volunteers and interns on a recurring basis
- Work with business, faith, and service club partners to develop tailored arrays of engagement opportunities for each organization
- Develop regular one-time, group volunteer projects aimed at building and maintaining ties with organizational partners
Develop and support the capacity of LCEC programs to effectively engage volunteers
- Work with LCEC program staff to develop short/long term opportunities for individuals and organizations to provide expertise, time, and labor in ways that support the outcomes and aims of the programs
- Recruit individuals and organizations to fulfill these roles
Develop and manage the LCEC food security programs (food pantry, gleaners program, afterschool meals program)
- Support ongoing LCEC management of the food pantry including budget, resources and volunteer management
- Coordinate with individual and organizational partners offering food security programs to ensure sufficient volunteer support
Develop and manage the Building Employment And Technology Skills (BEATS) program
- Support the volunteer-staffed Job Clinic providing individualized support to job seekers
- Develop, maintain, and expand organizational partnerships to provide worksite placements to individuals in vocational programs (i.e. W-2, DVR, GWAAR), adult education & vocational classes (such as Literacy Network), social enterprise employment (Kids Café/Breakfast Club), and other opportunities as appropriate (i.e. UW CARDS program)
- Complete all necessary data collection, program evaluation, and reporting for the Food Pantry, BEATS and volunteer programs
Support fund development by providing meaningful opportunities for volunteers to support the LCEC financially
Participate fully in the shared work of the LCEC, community events, stafg meetings/trainings, and other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS, TRAITS & EXPERIENCE
- Volunteer management experience
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Highly organized, strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple streams of diverse responsibilities in a fast moving environment
- Ability to promote teamwork as well as take initiative and work independently.
- Strong knowledge of/commitment to elements of the Lussier Framework, particularly racial justice
- Understanding and appreciation of socio-economically, ethnically and culturally diverse populations.
OTHER HELPFUL SKILLS
- Language abilities in Spanish, Hmong, and/or Arabic
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred
Download the application at www.LCECmadison.org or pick up at the Lussier Community Education Center, 55 S Gammon Rd, Madison, WI 53717. Cover letter and resume sent without an application may prompt consideration, but a completed application will be required. Send to jobs@LCECmadison.org or by mail. First consideration will be given to applications received by January 19, 2020. LCEC is an EOE/AA employer.