Organization: Horizon Home Care & Hospice
Position: Medical Social Worker – Hospice
Why join the Horizon team?
To some people, home is a place. To others, it’s a feeling. To us, it’s whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.
Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
All employees are valued at Horizon, and Social Workers enjoy:
- An extensive benefits package
- Monday-Friday, 1st shift schedule
With Horizon, you’re home.
What You’ll Do
- As a social worker, you will provide initial psychosocial evaluations and ongoing psychosocial counseling to our patients and their families.
- This is a full-time position covering patients within their own homes and in partner facilities throughout southern Milwaukee County, Racine County, Kenosha County and portions of Waukesha county.
- This role works Monday-Friday, 8 – 4:30 p.m. or similar hours, including an on-call rotation.
What You Need
If you have a positive attitude and a desire to make a true difference in the lives of others,
Horizon is the place for you. We seek dedicated, compassionate and personable
employees to join our team.
Education & Experience:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work
- At least 2 years of experience in a clinical setting, preferably in a hospice setting
- Working knowledge of the principals/practices of social work plus awareness of community resources
- Ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Understanding of dynamics of human behavior and social problems
- Ability to utilize various treatment modalities and work within an integrated team concept
Licenses & Certifications:
- A current State of Wisconsin Advanced Practice Social Work license
- A valid WI driver’s license, with a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance
Interested? Let’s connect! Reach out to Margita Baricevic , Talent Acquisition Specialist via
telephone (414)-586-3984 or apply : https://jobs.horizonhch.com/medical-social-workerhospice/job/11482690 (Indicate you heard about the position from Margita Baricevic)
Horizon Home Care & Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all
persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified
individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of
equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good
faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons
with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.