Jefferson County’s Human Services Department has a Behavioral Health division that serves Jefferson County residents with mental health and substance use concerns through an outpatient clinic setting. The clinic staff is committed to delivering evidence based practices by providing person centered and recovery focused services.
In order to properly serve all clients, the clinic is in need of Psychotherapists to join the team that will provide Mental Health and Substance Use Intervention services.
As an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate Psychotherapist, you will be successful in this role by completing the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform crisis/suicide risk assessments, evaluate client’s safety to self and others through clinic interview, and develop crisis and safety plans to meet their needs
- Provide ongoing assessments, respond to crisis situations and link client with appropriate resources
- Perform bio psycho-social assessments for mental health and substance use clients and diagnose the consumer for mental health and substance use, under the direction of the medical director
- Provide case management as identified in the psycho-social assessment
- Perform individual and group psychotherapy for mostly adults, with the potential to work with some children, both within the outpatient clinic and the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) program
- Several other tasks needed as listed on the posted job description.
Starting wage: $27.55/hour
Hours: 40 hours/week with willingness to provide some evening individual/group psychotherapy sessions
Benefits: position is eligible for benefits; link to benefit information is below (https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php)
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related field with two years’ experience, required
- Valid driver’s license and Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker, required
- Four years’ experience, preferred
- Substance Abuse Counseling Certification and/or Trauma Informed Care Training, preferred
- Bilingual qualified applicants encouraged to apply
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants will begin January 6, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer