Jefferson County’s Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) provides information and assistance to a diverse community where the elderly and people with disabilities are respected, healthy, and productive. It is their mission to help people achieve their goals by providing them with comprehensive information so they can make informed decisions, and advocate support to ensure that they remain in charge of their lives.
The ADRC is looking to add a part-time Family Caregiver Support Specialist that will offer and
provide person centered support to people over the age of 60, as well as, caregivers and their
With a caring, empathetic, and resourceful nature, you will be successful in this role by
completing the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one consultation with family caregivers and people over the age of 60 who need supplemental service through the Older American Act programs.
- Assess caregivers needs and provide short term service coordination
- Offer and provide support to caregivers in five core areas:
- Information for available services
- Assistance in gaining access to the services
- Support and training for caregivers
- Respite care
- Supplemental services on a limited basis
- Maintain a marketing plan that includes press releases, radio announcement, health fairs, and community presentations
- Create and distribute caregiver newsletters as often as necessary and maintains an updated resource library
- Variety of other responsibilities necessary are listed on the posted job description
Starting wage: $20.39/hour
Hours: 19 hours per week
- High School diploma and three year’s relevant experience or a relative Associates degree and a year experience required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Certification to provide evidence based programs and interventions, required
- Certification to provide Memory Screens, required
- Valid driver’s license, required
- Bachelor’s degree with two to three years’ experience working with families and/or caregivers, preferred
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants
will begin January 20, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer