Mission Statement: Chrysalis promotes mental health recovery by supporting work opportunities that encourage hope, healing and wellness.
Job Summary: The Service Facilitator is responsible for providing person-centered, strengths-based, recovery-focused, community support services to adults with mental health and/or substance use challenges. These services include assessment, recovery planning, and care coordination.
Below are examples of supports a Services Facilitator may help to coordinate and/or provide;
• Housing Assistance
• Crisis Planning
• Daily Living Skills
• Money Management
• Medication Management
• Physical Health Needs
• Therapy or Counseling
• Vocational or Educational Supports
• Peer Support
• Wellness and Recovery Needs
The Service Facilitator is responsible for keeping all documentation accurate and up to date, including: assessments, recovery plans, physician prescriptions, progress notes, and hour logs. Chrysalis Service Facilitators will work with an internal team of Employment Specialists, and Vocational Peer Specialists. Service Facilitators must have a strong belief in work being an integral part of recovery. Chrysalis Service Facilitators may have an opportunity to work within a Chrysalis Clubhouse Pilot. Please visit http://www.wicps.org/, www.ipsworks.org and https://clubhouse-intl.org/ to learn more about these evidence-based models.
• Strong commitment to principles of recovery and person-centered services.
• Bachelors or Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, or related field.
• Experience working with individuals who have behavioral health challenges.
• Ability to evaluate and problem solve around behavioral health needs.
• Sensitivity to the needs of underserved adults with multiple barriers.
• Knowledge of behavioral health system in Dane County.
• Ability to create and maintain professional boundaries.
• Commitment to strengths-based, recovery-focuses programming.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
• Ability to pay attention to detail and a commitment to quality and timely completion of duties.
• Valid driver’s license, access to a car to use for work, and current automobile insurance.
• Proficient computer skills, specifically in current version of Microsoft Word and Excel; and a willingness to learn new skills as needed or required.
• Experience with group facilitation.
• Creativity, organization, efficiency, flexibility and ability to take initiative; must be able to work independently.
• Preferred: Substance Abuse Counselor Certification
Work Conditions: Shared office setting that promotes communication with co-workers. Staff provide the majority (65%) of services in the community, not limited to homes, treatment centers and participants place of employment. Staff is expected to travel throughout Dane County and transport participants when appropriate. The regular work week is Monday through Friday with scheduling flexibility to meet staff, and program needs. Staff creates their own schedule with participants. Each day will look different based on specific job responsibilities and participant’s needs. Accommodations are available upon request.
Population Served: Chrysalis participants have a wide array of different backgrounds and experiences. Staff is expected to be comfortable working with Individuals with all of the following;
• Mental Illness and Addiction Diagnosis
• Current Substance Use
• Criminal Backgrounds
• Multi-cultural Identities
• Varied Levels of Engagement in Services
Hours: 8:30-4:30, Monday – Friday; flexible scheduling available, occasional evenings and weekends
• Health and Dental Insurance
• Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Retirement Plan and Company Match
• Generous Paid Time Off Package
• Paid Holidays
• Flexible scheduling
• Training opportunities and professional development
• Mileage reimbursement
Chrysalis practices the following recovery principles;
• Participants determine their own path.
• Participants can and do overcome obstacles.
• Recovery focuses on people’s entire lives, including mind, body, spirit and community.
• Peer Support or mutual support plays an important role in recovery.
• There are multiple pathways to recovery based on participant’s unique strengths, preferences, experiences and cultural backgrounds.
• Recovery isn’t a step-by-step process but one based on continual growth, occasional setbacks and learning from experience.
Chrysalis works to address inequities and oppression in our community by promoting the following values;
• Celebrating the strengths that come from diverse experiences and preferences.
• Welcoming anyone at any stage in their mental health recovery journey.
• Recognizing people have the power to reach their individual goals and grow in various aspects of their life.
• Promoting inclusivity in the community by supporting meaningful work opportunities, and partnerships.
• Utilizing cultural humility to provide appropriate interventions that support the recovery and healing of those we serve.
Employee Status: Exempt
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000
Application Due: January 24th
Start Date: March 9th
Please submit a cover letter AND resume to:
Chrysalis, Inc. 1342 Dewey Court, Madison, WI 53703, Attn: Human Resources – Amy Holste
Documents can also be provided via e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
Call (608) 256-3102 with questions
Chrysalis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer