Organization: Lutheran Social Services of WI & Upper MI
Location: Baraboo, WI
New graduates encouraged to apply! We provide free clinical supervision!
The Family Centered Therapy (FCT) Therapist performs work involving clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of individuals and their family with mental health, substance use, or co-occurring disorders within the evidenced-based model of FCT. The FCT Therapist works closely with the client and family to develop an appropriate treatment plan designed to move the client through the four phases of treatment and to achieve the family’s identified goal(s). The FCT Therapist works collaboratively with a peer supervision team, with oversight from the FCT Supervisor, to monitor the course of treatment.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
· May provide individual, couples, family, and group psychotherapy services to clients in an office, school, out-of-home setting and/or home setting.
· Conduct formal assessment of client needs using clinical interview, objective diagnostic tools, and input from collateral contacts.
· Develop treatment plans collaboratively with clients and provide agreed upon and necessary therapeutic services in keeping with strength-based, evidence-based best practice standards.
· Maintain detailed clinical records and make recommendations concerning case disposition.
· Complete agency-required and billing-related phone calls, email, and paperwork work in a professional and timely manner.
· Adhere to high ethical, professional, and legal standards such as WI State Statutes, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, Counsel on Accreditation, American Psychological Association, American Counseling Association, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, and National Association of Social Workers.
· Actively participate in clinical supervision meetings as required to meet best practice and licensure standards.
FCT SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Works under the direct supervision of the FCT Supervisor
· Provides direct clinical treatment using methods compatible with FCT principles and practices for assigned cases.
· Provides clinical support to entire FCT team.
· Provides individual and family therapy using the FCT model and facilitates the child and family moving through the model’s four phases of treatment.
· Position requires 24/7/365 on call and first responder responsibilities.
· Provides crisis intervention services to assigned cases and is available for crisis calls per the company’s procedures.
· Engages primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement.
· Collaborates with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout FCT services.
· Carries a caseload of 4 to 6 clients. Expected to meet with each family for at least two multiple hour sessions per week (average about 5 hours per family per week).
· LSS paid liability insurance
· Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
· Flex Spending for Dependent & Health Care
· Mileage reimbursement
· Clinical Supervision
· Some Continuing Education
· Flexible Scheduling
· Team Mentoring
· Paid Time Off
· Ability to Contribute to 403B
· Employee Assistance Program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Masters degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, or related program is required. Practicum experience, through your degree program, related to services LSS provides is required. Eligibility for training license by meeting criteria set for by WI
Department of Safety and Professional Services. Some positions may require Substance Abuse Certification as well. In addition:
· Knowledge of state regulations pertaining to clinical practice, including dual relationships and mandatory reporting.
· Knowledge of behavioral health diagnosis and evidence-based treatments.
· Ability to make quick and accurate clinical assessments of mental and behavioral health conditions.
· Ability to design and implement clinical pathways and protocols for treatment of selected mental health and behavioral conditions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
· The incumbent of this position must have or be eligible to receive state licensure “in training” as a Clinical Social Worker, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Professional Counselor as applicable.
· The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Ability to travel on day trips as required up to 50%, depending on program needs. Some overnight travel may be required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
HOW TO APPLY: