Job Title: Youth Shelter Counselor
Description: The Briarpatch Runaway and Homeless Youth Program is recruiting a full-time (40 hours per week) counselor to work primarily the 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. shift in our shelter for runaway and homeless youth.
- Requires a minimum of Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of two (2) years fulltime experience working or volunteering with teens. A background in education, social work, or human services is preferred.
- Experience working in a youth shelter or group home setting is preferred along with the ability to work with youth from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily activities of youth staying in the Briarpatch Youth Shelter.
- Records documentation of client services and required paperwork in accordance with state licensing rules and agency standards.
- Helps youth staying in the shelter with meal preparation, completion of daily chores, completion of laundry and similar household responsibilities as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of shelter policies and procedures.
- Provides brief counseling to youth staying in the shelter.
- Supervises shelter clients during recreational outings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours: 40 hours per week working primarily the 4:00p – 12:00a shift. Days of work will be Sunday-Thursday or as arranged after employment begins
Transportation: Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that allows for operation of
Compensation Package: Starting Salary is $35,568 annually. Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; 10 paid holidays; and 23 paid days off during the first year of employment.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm on January 31, 2020 to
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Taylor Rozman
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
Or Email: email@example.com
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.