Jefferson County’s Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC) provides information and assistance to a diverse community where the elderly and people with disabilities are respected, healthy, and productive. It is their mission to help people achieve their goals by providing them with comprehensive information so they can make informed decisions, and advocate support to ensure that they remain in charge of their lives.
The ADRC wants to add a Benefits Specialist to the team that will provide representation to adults with disabilities and persons age 60+ years of age, as well as, benefit counseling and education, and legal information. The range of benefits will be public benefits, community programs, private health insurance, and consumer debt.
As a knowledgeable, experienced, and helpful Benefits Specialist, you will be successful in this role by completing the following key tasks and responsibilities:
· Provide accurate, detailed benefit counseling information and documentation
· Assist consumers in understanding and determining benefit eligibility for all programs and assist in completing eligibility forms
· Research and interpret administrative law for consumer advocacy, rights, and eligibility issues
· Gather documentation and evidence for applications, provide representation in appeals, negotiations, and administrative law proceedings
· Evaluate consumer needs to recommend appropriate community resources, referrals, and health insurance options
· Variety of other responsibilities necessary are listed on the posted job description
Starting wage: $22.30/hour
Hours: 40 hours per week with benefits (https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php)
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Valid driver’s license
· Attend mandatory training as required by the State of Wisconsin
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services, or related field with two years’ of experience
· Licensed Social Worker through the State of Wisconsin
· SHIP Counselor
· Spanish speaking candidates encouraged to apply
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants will begin January 27, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer