Tellurian, Inc. is seeking a person to fill a Human Service Clinician position in its Dane County Care Center, a psychiatric hospital diversion program, located in Madison, WI. Travel for this position would be <15%.
Tellurian’s mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment to all those afflicted with substance abuse, mental health disorders, and homelessness.
The Human Services Clinician is responsible for the clinical services provided to consumers of the program and is expected to provide consumers with clinical and supportive social services designed to overcome AODA, mental health, family, personal, health, and other functional problems. The Human Services Clinician develops and implements the clinical focus of our mission to manage, motivate and follow through with consumer treatment planning and clinical services. The Clinician will be responsible for individual, group, and other appropriate clinical services within the need of the program and the scope of their training. The Dane County Care Center is a high psychiatric acuity, generally short term, hospital diversion program.
- Interview consumers to assess whether they meet the criteria for program services, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate community services for appropriate referrals.
- Collaborate with community providers to plan or coordinate services that meet consumer needs.
- Counsel consumers with mental illness and assist them in understanding their mental illness and substance abuse.
- Assist consumers in obtaining financial resources and housing.
- Assist consumers in coordinating service plans, such as setting up appointments, arranging for transportation to appointments, and providing support.
- Refer consumers to community resources to assist in their recovery from mental illness, following through to ensure service efficacy.
- Monitor, evaluate, and document consumer progress with respect to consumer service goals.
- Modify service plans according to changes in consumer status.
- Assist Program Supervisor in directing and overall management of Dane County Care Center staff in consumer service delivery.
- Enter data for reporting purposes, and generate reports as required.
- Increase knowledge relating to program needs, by reviewing current literature, conducting social research, or attending seminars, training workshops, or classes.
1) A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Mental Health, or related, required
2) Substance Abuse Counselor or Clinical Substance Abuse Counselor credentialing, desired
2) Two years or more related experience, required
3) Valid Driver’s License, required
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks (15 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401(k) participation- Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/40754288/Human-Service-Clinician?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967