Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Social Worker to:
- Function as a member of the Coordinated Care Team in supporting both the Medicine and Hospitalist patients, family and team members.
- Assess psychosocial need and apply brief interventions to support the medical treatment plan and discharge planning process.
Minimum – Master’s Degree in Social Work
Preferred – Two (2) years prior hospital based social work experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Certified Advanced Practice Social Worker (CAPSW), or Certified Independent Social Worker (CISW), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Assessment and evaluation skills
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating effectively as a team member with other health professional team members
- Proven skills in identification of stressors affecting patients and their families
- Knowledge of and ability to work within a complex health care system
- Skill in verbal and written communication
- Expertise in conflict mediation, abuse and neglect, advance directives, crisis intervention, government programs
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- 100% FTE (40 hours per week)
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department
University Hospital in Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’s ranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospital and considered one of the nation’s leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Read the full article at: https://eimy.fa.us6.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/requisitions/preview/3905/?=undefined&keyword=3905