Organization: Journey Mental Health Center
Location: Madison, WI
We have an opening for a Clubhouse Generalist in our Yahara House program! The Clubhouse Generalist (MHT) assists with the organization, administration and coordination of operations at Yahara House (YH), as well as providing a secondary Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) Service Facilitator role. The Clubhouse Generalist (MHT) works side-by-side with Yahara House members as respected colleagues to enhance members’ self esteem, confidence, hope, skills, opportunity, and sense of community.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Clubhouse Generalist (MHT) reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Director of Program Services.
- Computer experience, proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook Mail
- Ability to provide computer training and support to staff/members
- Ability to identify and prioritize computer related problems at YH and provide technical descriptions of problems to Journey Mental Health Center’s (Journey’s) Information Technology team
- Must have or be willing to engage in 30 hours of on the job training in recovery concepts, consumer rights, consumer-centered individual treatment planning, mental illness, co-occurring mental illness and substance abuse, psychotropic medications and side effects, functional assessment, local community resources, adult vulnerability and consumer confidentiality, in order to meet minimal qualifications as a CCS Secondary Service Facilitator at YH
- Commitment to work toward improving cultural sensitivity as demonstrated by: valuing difference/diversity, recognizing personal limitations in one’s competencies and expertise, and having the desire to improve in these areas
- Ability to work independently and set priorities with minimal supervision as well as the ability to work with individuals and teams
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally & in writing)
- Organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and develop/implement cost-effective processes
- Possession of a valid driver’s license, a favorable driving record, adequate insurance (per WI law) and access to a vehicle with a willingness to use it for work (i.e. transporting consumers)
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services field and experience and training related to working directly with people with mental illness and substance use disorders that meets the qualifications of CCS Service Facilitator at YH
- Knowledge and experience using confidentiality principals
- Knowledge of consumers and understanding of their illness, knowledge of the mental health system and of community resources
- Bilingual in Spanish/Hmong and English
- Ability to accurately transcribe dictation from taped systems
- Provide administrative assistance and take minutes at monthly YH Friends Board Meetings and YH committee
- Provide computer training and technical assistance to staff/members. At times as directed by supervisor assist in writing correspondence, reports and memoranda for team staff e.g., data entry, treatment plans, narrative assessments and reviews.
- Create efficient and user-friendly workflows in the program
- Maintain filing system, both hard copy and electronic and make quality improvement recommendations.
- Coordinate and order supply inventory.
- Work with the supervisor or designee, in coordinating building maintenance.
- Assist with day-to-day building/grounds maintenance, cleaning and upkeep.
- Act as liaison to the information technology support team. Scanning documents into the electronic health record.
- Data collection, tabulation and reporting of staff logs, house statistics.
- Update and print program forms and brochures.
- Administrative orientation for new members (handle referrals, scheduling tours and intakes)
- Attend and participate in house meetings, facilitate coverage for departments, serve as secondary facilitator for an assigned group of members.
- Attend and participate in in-service training, committees and Journey center-wide meetings and conferences as authorized and directed by the assigned supervisor.
- Compile/update lists and reports. Plan, develop and monitor new lists and forms as requested by the Clubhouse Improvement Committee.
- Meet regularly with supervisor to update and plan strategy and report out on status of program administrative issues
- Provide reminders to staff submit their staff hour logs, including monthly direct service hours, weekend differential and earned time, & hourly staff logs.
- Design, monitor and carry out a service schedule for maintenance of program vehicles.
- Participate in the orientation and training of YH new staff, members, students and volunteers. Tracking purchase orders and key inventory, and other financial duties as assigned.
- Develop and maintain the Psychiatrist/Resident, consumer medication check schedule. Maintain ongoing schedule and keep program staff apprised when MDs are not available as scheduled
- Lend administrative assistance to Clinical Team Manager and supervisors.
- Assist with YH community outreach efforts
- In conjunction with all YH staff ensure that members, families, and the community feel welcomed and treated with respect and dignity
- Assist in conducting annual chart audit reviews.
- Work at least one holiday and one or more evenings per month.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/40906290?pc=0BB127FE95