Location: Madison, WI
The primary purpose of this position is to provide general application support and assistance for Tellurian’s Electronic Health Records system with a primary focus on clinical applications. As an EHR Specialist, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. You are responsible for assisting in the implementation and management of the EHR solution software and the support of Tellurian best practices in the technology environment.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
Persons occupying this position must be able to perform all essential functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Manage Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and associated applications with focus on process improvement, workflow design, system configuration and clinical documentation.
- Manage design, build and functionality of forms within electronic health record system.
- Manage set-up of system security measures within the EHR system based on navigation access, staff roles, and workflows which comply with confidentiality and HIPAA standards.
- Maintain production and non-production environments within the EHR system including daily maintenance tasks, monitoring of system performance, and management of version drift.
- Manage system upgrades including upgrade testing, and resolution of post-upgrade issues.
- Provide leadership with the coordination and completion of various EHR project objectives working with both internal staff members and outside vendors.
- Develop, execute and communicate the agency Electronic Health Record vision, goals, and activities with staff and management at all levels of the organization.
- Implementation of the EHR within the agency managing the resources and requirements necessary to add to new and existing programs to the production environment.
- Provide on-site and remote technical assistance and support using system alerts, help desk assistance, and on-call availability.
- Create, design and write training materials utilizing multiple formats and methods to meet the varying learning styles of adult learners.
- Coordinate and lead training sessions for super users and other end users to meet the implementation and post-implementation needs of agency staff.
- Coordinate and lead orientation training for new hires.
- Coordinate and lead remedial and upgrade training for current staff.
- Collaborate with management team on process improvement efforts to standardize service delivery across the agency.
- Coordinate change management and process improvement efforts related to clinical operations within the EHR system
- Submit and manage support tickets with EHR vendor.
- Collects data and provides analysis to assist in the development and implementation of EHR System plans and strategies, to improve performance, reduce cost, and improve satisfaction.
- Maintains a good understanding of Tellurian practices, goals, processes, and limitations.
- Provide clinical application support, define resources, assist with maintenance and make upgrade recommendations as needed.
- Meet all project deadlines; communicate progress updates and data to project partners in accordance with established project timelines.
- Assist the Director of IS to obtain and evaluate clinical data to ensure compliance with clinical applications.
- Perform the duties of Record Custodian including the collection and maintenance of Documentation of Released Record forms; provide audit information as required by law; and assist with the release of records from the EHR system.
- Assist the Director of Information Systems with the maintenance of equipment and application of web configurations necessary for proper functioning of the EHR system.
- Manage new hire and terminated user access and assignments. As well as password management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current electronic health records practices and a working knowledge of the HITECH Act.
- Maintains current licensure if needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Expertise in and ability to demonstrate skills related to data entry/EHR.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations pertaining to facility functions.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities.
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet applications and graphics.
- Ability to provide clear staff training.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, as well as ability to handle frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work independently and in teams to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions in consultation with the Director of Information Services.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, clients, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of required licensure, medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to Tellurian’s facilities.
- Must possess the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be able to relate information clearly, and communicate with the medical staff, nursing personnel, and other department directors as it relates to the EHR.
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks (15 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401(k) participation following 6 months of employment; Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.