We have an opening for an Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator in our Clinical Assessment Unit! The Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator (MHT) is responsible for providing a wide array of culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive, direct clinical services provided in conjunction with other staff. Services provided by this position may include assessment, treatment planning, referrals and case management. The Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator, is responsible for writing and maintaining accurate and timely documentation related to the provision of service. The Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator also completes other duties and services as assigned.
Journey Mental Health Center (JMHC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the agency’s belief that staff diversity and cultural humility are the foundation for services, which are accessible, effective, and relevant to the diverse needs of our consumers.
It is important that we choose employees that reflect our mission, vision and values, thus our selection process is thorough and sometimes longer than other employers.
Thank you in advance for providing us with complete and accurate application materials and for your patience when waiting to hear from us.
Though you may have excellent experience, strong work ethic and passion for recovery, due to our funding contractual agreements, candidates we hire must meet the Essential Qualifications specified in the job postings in order to be offered an interview. Please review the qualifications carefully. We wouldn’t want you to put effort into your application materials if you don’t meet the essential qualifications.
You can read about the many benefits of working at JMHC on our careers page.
FOLLOWING IS ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
The Addictions Specialist/Intake Coordinator reports directly to the assigned supervisor with overall program supervision provided by the Team Leader. Minimum annual service hours are to be determined.
- Experience in related behavioral health field.
- Substance Abuse Counselor or eligible for Substance Abuse Counselor In Training certification
- Demonstrated commitment to cultural sensitivity by ensuring that services provided are relevant to the diverse and unique needs/experiences/perspectives of each consumer.
- Demonstrated commitment to recovery principles demonstrated by commitment to actively involving consumers in the treatment planning and implementation process.
- Knowledge of substance abuse interventions models, including work with dual diagnosis population.
- Experience in community-based substance abuse and mental health assessment, diagnosis, treatment, intervention, case management and crisis resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) and to work effectively with an interdisciplinary team.
Typical Physical Demands
Requires sitting, standing, light lifting, bending, and reaching; and the ability to use and operate standard office equipment, including computer, calculator, phone, printer, cell phone, facsimile, etc.
May require evening or weekend hours depending on program and consumer’s needs.
- Bi-lingual, and/or bi-cultural (Spanish/Hmong/Cambodian).
- Fluent in American Sign Language.
- Experience with use of evidence based practices in mental health, and substance abuse.
A. Provision of Clinical Services
- Performs a minimum of 17 accurate assessments per week to initially evaluate mental health, as well as alcohol and other drug use issues in a culturally sensitive, recovery oriented, trauma sensitive manner.
- Provides a range of clinical services in conjunction with program staff including outreach, assessment, treatment planning, referral, and case management in a context that is supportive of the consumer’s culture, values, and perspectives.
- Completes accurate clinical records including intakes, assessments, treatment plans and updates, progress notes, discharge summaries, and other information in a timely manner.
B. Program and JMHC Participation
- Attends staff meetings, in-services and other program activities as requested.
- Participates in JMHC committees, trainings and activities as directed and/or approved.
The above statements are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list, but are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by this employee.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/j/40987229?pc=A186555D5D