Jefferson County Human Services developed a Community Support Program (CSP) in 1996 that focuses on advancing mental health services for people with severe and persistent mental illness. The program has grown significantly over the years and serves around 165 clients that are a variety of different ages, with a variety of different diagnoses such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar, major depression and various anxiety disorders. The program provides evidence based practices of Illness Management and Recovery, Integrated Dual Diagnosis for those with substance abuse issues, Supportive Employment, Seeking Safety, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, and a variety of other effective techniques.
The CSP team is in need of a caring and supportive Community Support Professional to join their team that believes that all citizens should have the opportunity to access effective comprehensive human services in an integrated and efficient manner. This position provides symptom management, group activities, clinical assessment, treatment planning, and case management to clients all ages.
To successfully serve your clients, you will take on the below key tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide community-based symptom management services, facilitates individual and group activities, and monitors client symptoms.
- Complete clinical assessments of client condition, including initial treatment plan, reviews, suicide risk, AODA, functional and emergency health assessments.
- Develop treatment plans including quantifiable and measurable goal achievement.
- Provide case management services by utilizing community resources to coordinate care and treatment including crisis intervention, advocacy, and alternative housing/care
- Provide clients with rehabilitation services and ongoing assessments regarding social, life, and parenting skills, medical/mental health, and personal development through coaching education, and intervention.
- Variety of other responsibilities listed on the posted job description.
Starting wage: $24.18 – $27.97/hour based on qualifications
Full time, 40 hours/week with benefits: (https://www.jeffersoncountywi.gov/departments/human_resources/pay_and_benefit_information.php)
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field with some related experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Master’s degree with 2 years’ experience
- Licensed Social Worker
- Substance Abuse Counseling Certification
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants will begin February 17, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity Employer