Agency Description: Feist VCP is a community-based agency that provides evidence based job development/placement, job coaching, benefits counseling and skill training for individuals with disabilities.
Job Summary: The High School Transition Specialist is responsible providing community-based, vocational support services to students with disabilities, within the Dane County Area, in partnership with the high school system. These services include: Individual classes, job shadows, temporary work trainings, job coaching, job development and placement, job carving, vocational counseling and support, skills training, communicating with employers and problem solving. As a high school transition specialist, you will be working with a team of individuals, supporting the high school student through career exploration, graduation and life after high school. High School Transition Specialists develop relationships with local businesses and communicate with employers regarding participant’s performance. The High School Transition Specialist works with other treatment providers, parents and high school transition teams to coordinate services and ensure job retention. The High School Transition Specialist is responsible for keeping all documentation accurate and up to date, including: progress notes, hour logs, and releases of information. Feist VCP utilizes the evidence based practice, and prides itself in timely, professional supports.
- Strong commitment to principles of working with individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in social work, rehabilitation psychology, human services, or related field.
- Ability to communicate in a timely manner with treatment team: Case managers, teachers, DVR counselors, IRIS managements agencies, parents and all other parties involved in job retention.
- Experience working in vocational or employment development and placement.
- Ability to evaluate and problem solve about disability and job-related concerns.
- Sensitivity to the needs of underserved adults with multiple barriers to employment.
- Creativity, organization, efficiency, flexibility and ability to take initiative; must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of vocational rehabilitation systems in Dane County.
- Ability to create and maintain professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, access to a car to use for work, and current automobile insurance.
- Hire offer, contingent upon passing background check required by the State of WI: DVR
Work Conditions: Shared office setting that promotes communication with co-workers. Staff provide the majority (80%) of services in the community and participants place of employment. Staff is expected to travel throughout Dane County to various places of employment. The regular work-week is Monday through Friday with scheduling flexibility to meet staff and program needs. Staff creates their own schedule with participants. Each day will look different based on specific job responsibilities and participant’s needs. Accommodations are available upon request.
Hours: 32-40 hours per week; some nights/weekends required to meet the demands of participants work schedule
Salary/Pay Rate: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- 2 weeks of PTO, after 90 day probationary period
- Holidays (6)
- Mileage Reimbursement (.35 cents per mile)
- Flexible work schedule
- 401k after year 1 of employment
- Health Care Stipend
- Working with a team of staff driven to provide evidenced based services
- Positive work setting
Application Due: n/a
Please submit a cover letter AND resume to:
Feist VCP, 4510 Regent Street, Suite 1A, Madison, WI 53705 , Attn: Kimberly Nonn, MS
Documents can also be provided via e-mail – Kimberly@feistvcp.com
Call (608) 770-9445 with questions
Feist VCP, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer