Who we are:
The Salvation Army is a worldwide religious and charitable organization dedicated to serving those in need without discrimination. In Dane County, we have one worship and community center and two homeless shelters. The Salvation Army of Dane County is apart of the Wisconsin & Upper Michigan Division.
Why work for us?
The Salvation Army’s brand promises to Do the Most Good® -and it’s our employees that help us get there. At every level, you can have a real impact on your community through the work done inside our walls every day.
We are as impassioned about our employees as we are about our mission to help anyone in need without discrimination. Our culture reflects this quality, which makes our offices a seriously great place to work. Just walk inside our doors and you’ll quickly see that our employees are proud to support programs that make a difference.
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer :
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible schedules and a casual dress environment
- Generous paid time off benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, and 10 paid holidays)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program, providing 24/7 support, resources, and referrals to help you in your work and personal life
- Insurance benefits: excellent health, and dental, life, disability
- Discounts available for Pet Insurance, auto, and home insurance
About the role:
- Provide case management to families participating in Houseability Program.
- Provide case management to homeless single women using Single Women’s Shelter.
- Meet with assigned families and single women weekly, or as needed, create case plans, track progress and re-evaluate goals as needed.
- Have a working knowledge of community resources and make appropriate referrals.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Maintain accurate records, files, statistics and reports, including Service Point entry.
- Network with other service providers.
- Maintain positive working relationships with service providers, clients and fellow employees.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or Dane County Coordinator.
What we are looking for in you:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
Experience: Case and crisis management training and experience.
- Good oral, written and interpersonal communication.
- Exceptional understanding of professional boundaries/ethics.