Jefferson County’s Human Services Department utilizes a Family Centered Treatment (FCT) team within the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) Program which is home, community, and collaborative based while being committed to family preservation and reunification through evidenced based practices. FCT addresses the needs of a family as a whole, recognizing that what affects one family member affects all family members, through a more intensive treatment to strengthen the rapport with the family and includes skill development, coaching, therapeutic enactments, and intergenerational trauma treatment. FCT allows for family systems to restructure critical areas of functioning and utilizes emotions to strengthen attachments, as well as, addresses trauma through a systemic and intergenerational lens while being broad enough to be able to service a variety of families and youth.
In order to properly serve all clients, the FCT team is in need of a Psychotherapist to join the team that will provide Mental Health and Substance Use Intervention services.
As an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate Psychotherapist, you will be successful in this role by completing the following tasks and responsibilities:
• Perform crisis/suicide risk assessments, evaluate client’s safety to self and others through clinic interview, and develop crisis and safety plans to meet their needs
• Provide ongoing assessments, respond to crisis situations and link client with appropriate resources
• Perform bio psycho-social assessments for mental health and substance use clients and diagnose the consumer for mental health and substance use, under the direction of the medical director
• Provide case management as identified in the psycho-social assessment
• Perform individual, family and group psychotherapy for children and families within the Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) program.
• Complete all training and certification requirements through the Family Centered Treatment Foundation to be eligible for certification as a Family Centered Treatment Clinician.
• Several other tasks needed as listed on the posted job description.
Starting wage: $27.93/hour
Hours: 40 hours/week with willingness to provide some evening psychotherapy sessions
Benefits: position is eligible for benefits; link to benefit information is below
• Master’s degree in Social Work or related field with two years’ experience
• Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
• Four years’ experience
• Substance Abuse Counseling Certification and/or Trauma Informed Care Training
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled, however, initial screening of applicants will begin February 14, 2020.
Application and position details are available at www.jeffersoncountywi.gov or
Jefferson County Human Resources: 311 S. Center Ave. Room 111, Jefferson, WI 53549.
Jefferson County is an Equal Opportunity EmployerRead the full article at: https://apps.jeffersoncountywi.gov/jc/job/detail/977_Psychotherapist%20(Family%20Centered%20Therapy)