Job Title: Youth Employment Counselor – Part Time – LTE
Description: The Briarpatch Youth Job Center (YJC) is seeking candidates for a part-time Youth Employment Counselor. This limited term position provides support for our Support for Success program, working with youth facing emotional and behavioral challenges to employment.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of two (2) years full-time experience working with teens. Background in education, social work, or human services preferred.
- Experience working with youth of color, youth from low-income families, and youth with emotional and behavioral disabilities.
- Experience facilitating youth groups and training/education.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement program curricula focusing on life, social, and job skills development.
- Support clients in securing subsidized/unsubsidized employment opportunities.
- Build and maintain positive and supportive relationships with clients,community partners, and employers.
- Maintain required records for all client work in a timely manner.
- Develop youth employment and career development opportunities in the private and non-profit sectors throughout Dane County.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Hours: 16 hours per week with required evening hours beginning March 9, 2020 and ending December 31, 2020
Transportation: Driver’s license required and reliable transportation preferred.
Compensation Package: Starting pay is $17.10 per hour. This is a non-benefitted position.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by 2/28/2020 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Karl E. Johnson
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.