Location: Madison, WI
Tellurian’s Transitional Housing Program was established to serve individuals experiencing homelessness due to mental health and/or substance use concerns. THP provides housing to 20 men and women and assists these individuals in connecting to needed services and resources. As a human service specialist in this program, you will learn about mental illness, addiction, paths to recovery, and community resources. By working in this program, you will be part of the recovery process for these individuals.
Qualified candidates will have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in human services OR a high school diploma/GED/or equivalent with relevant experience in mental health or CNA work. All are welcome to apply.
This schedule for this position is Monday-Friday 10:00AM-6:00PM.
- Chart services provided to residents utilizing Microsoft Word as needed
- Administer medications to residents
- Serve meals to residents (meals are prepared by Tellurian kitchen staff)
- Monitor residents for safety
- Maintain a clean environment for residents and staff (tasks may include sweeping, mopping, organizing, trash removal, etc.)
- Maintain familiarity with resident treatment plans
- Intervene in AODA/Mental Health crisis situations as needed
- Perform all other duties deemed appropriate by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health/Social Services, OR high school diploma/GED or equivalent and 2 years paid experience.
- Working knowledge of MS office, Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Paid Time Off starting at 2 weeks (10 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment.
- 401(k) participation; Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/41096712/Human-Service-Specialist?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967