OutReach’s Mission and Vision
Our mission is a commitment to equity and quality of life for all LGBTQ+ people through community building, health and human services, and economic, social, and racial justice advocacy.
Our vision is to create a community where the presence and contributions of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender people are welcomed and celebrated; where intolerance is challenged and defeated; where justice prevails; and where civil rights of all people are valued and respected.
The Program Director is responsible for the operational success and management of all aspects of the programs offered by the OutReach LGBT Community Center including, but not limited to; support groups, information and referral, homeless services, senior services, AODA services, the transgender program, speaker’s bureau, library and cyber-center, diversity and inclusion, and special events.
Program Operations and Management:
• Coordinate program activities, events, and procedures with committee and/or volunteer groups.
• Implement strategies to maximize value and usage of each program area.
• Evaluate programs on a periodic basis to ensure programs meet the needs of the community.
• Establish consistent, objective program standards of accountability.
• Identify and research existing program enhancements and/or new programs to expand services and make recommendations to the Executive Director.
• Develop and implement programs that align with the organization’s mission and support the goals.
• Assists Executive Director with fund raising through donor campaigns, grants, and other sources.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual to grow and further develop a proven program. The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the Executive Director and work collaboratively with a high-performance group of volunteers.
Specific requirements include:
• Knowledge of LGBTQ history and culture and a commitment to LGBTQ rights is required.
• Associate Degree required, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree preferred. Social Science or Human Services degree preferred.
• Two years professional work experience with demonstrated success in social service work and program/special events management. Experience in facilities management and government grant reporting desirable. Work with the LGBTQ community is a plus.
* Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, confidentiality and a commitment to and passion for LGBTQ OutReach’s mission.
• Self-motivated with strong project management skills resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills that demonstrate diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
• Experience working with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details. Ability to speak Spanish is a plus.
• Proficient in using technology and related applications as a tool to achieve efficient and effective results.
• Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance with reliable transportation.
• Physical requirements include occasional lifting/moving up to 50 lbs., standing, walking and climbing stairs, and exposure to noise in order to manage office and coordinate set up, take down events and conferences.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for this position include health, dental, and vision insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, personal float days, a 401(k) plan and more.
OutReach, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to: Executive Director, OutReach, Inc. 2701 International Lane, Suite 101, Madison WI, 53704 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org