Tellurian, Inc. is seeking individuals to work Part-Time as a Human Service Specialist in our Crisis Stabilization program in Madison, Wisconsin. The shift time for this position is 11:00PM to 7:30AM.
Human Service Specialists provide care for individuals in mental health crisis in a residential (CBRF) setting. Residents are mentally ill and/or experiencing mental health crisis, and require close behavioral monitoring and supervision.
Tellurian’s mission is to provide a safe and nurturing environment to all those afflicted with substance abuse, mental health disorders, and homelessness; a broad range of innovative programs, treatment, and services designed to allow each individual the opportunity to rebuild their life and re-rent the community as a productive member of society.
- Monitor residents’ physical and emotional well-being and report unusual behavior or physical ailments to management staff.
- Provide support and personal care to mentally ill individuals in crisis.
- Observe and influence residents’ behavior, communicating and interacting with them to ameliorate their symptoms of mental health crisis. May include gaining trust, teaching, counseling and befriending.
- Collaborate with or assist psychiatrists, psychologists, or rehabilitation therapists in working with mentally ill individuals in crisis; to assure their safety, reduce their symptoms in an effort to return residents to the community.
- Develop and teach strategies to promote resident skills in coping with their mental illness, to promote recovery principles, wellness and independence
- Monitor and intervene with violent, potentially violent, or suicidal patients with verbal and non-restraining means as required to assure resident and staff safety.
- Supervise oral medications following physician’s prescriptions and orders and maintain records in accordance with specified procedures.
- Interview new patients to complete admission forms, to assess their mental health status and to obtain their mental health and treatment history.
- Lead prescribed individual or group therapy sessions as part of specific therapeutic procedures.
- Take and record measures of residents’ mental health symptoms, document progress, and record information for billing purposes.
- Encourage patients to participate in social, recreational, and other therapeutic activities that enhance interpersonal skills and develop social relationships including the development of work skills.
- Aid patients in performing tasks such as bathing and keeping beds, clothing and living areas clean.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Human Services or other related field, required
- Master’s Degree in Health, Human Services, or other related field, preferred
- Two years related experience, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak Spanish, preferred
- Consideration will be given to those with Peer Specialist Certification
- Must be compassionate and have the desire to work with individuals with mental illness who are experiencing crisis
- Valid driver’s license, required
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.Read the full article at: https://www.jobsinmadison.com/job/detail/41170933/Human-Service-Specialist-PT?frame=1&aid=2415791&csid=132967