Organization: Briarpatch Youth Services
Location: Madison, WI
Job Title: Parent Support Program Coordinator Description:
Individuals in this position are responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering services including case management, group facilitation, and individual support to parents/guardians in the Briarpatch Parent Support Program. Qualifications:
• Requires a Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred in human services or a related field from an accredited college or university.
• At least five (5) years of experience in a human service/family/youth development setting.
• Connections with Dane Co. school districts & alternative programs, familiarity with youth justice/Dane Co. Dept. of Human Services, knowledge of substance abuse issues, and knowledge of area resources for youth/families.
• Good written and verbal skills, proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides direct service, coordinates provision of case management, performs parent/caregiver group and individual counseling. Ensures that clients receive quality services in compliance with program guidelines.
• Oversees referral and intake processes, and collaborates with agency and community programs as requested.
• Maintains records including intake data, case files, dates of service, services received, discharge status, and client demographics.
• Represents the agency at community-based meetings and outreach opportunities for the program as requested.
• Understands/applies knowledge of: Trauma Informed Care, Protective Parenting Practices, LGBTQ+ Community, Harm Reduction, Individual Education Plans (IEP’s), Cultural Respect, and Adolescent Development.
• Engages in IEP meetings, court dates, team support, counseling and other support in the community with case managed clients.
• Performs other responsible and related duties as assigned. Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week with a flexible schedule that may include some evening and weekend hours. Transportation: Reliable transportation is required Compensation Package: Starting pay is $39,520 per year Benefits include: health, dental, life, & disability insurance; paid holidays; SEP/403B plan; flex spending account; mileage reimbursement; and generous paid time off.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm on March 11, 2020 to: Briarpatch Youth Services Attn: Jay Kiefer 2720 Rimrock Road Madison, WI 53713-3337 Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls or recruiters please. Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.