Organization: UnityPoint Health – Meriter
Job Title: Medical Social Worker; 0.8FTE, Day Shift
Location: Meriter Hospital, 202 S Park St, Madison
Pay: Starting at $24.27/hr, commensurate with experience.
Apply: Online at https://www.unitypoint.org/madison/careers.aspx
The Medical Social Worker provides an advanced level of psychosocial services to diverse patient populations and an interdisciplinary approach to patient care to promote appropriate utilization of health care resources, provision of high quality care, optimal clinical outcomes and patient and provider satisfaction. The Social Worker identifies patients with complex or special discharge needs and collaborates with the interdisciplinary team in the development, use, and maintenance of a care plan. The Social Worker maintains a patient/family based practice providing age-appropriate assessments, advocacy, crisis intervention, discharge planning, care coordination, education, resource networking and consultation within their area of professional expertise. The social worker facilitates education and problem-solving in areas such as self-determination, advance care planning, adjustment to illness and acute/traumatic crises, and complex care coordination to support successful transitions of care.
- Master’s degree of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work
- 2 years social work experience in a health care setting
- Current social work licensure in the state of Wisconsin. CAPSW, CISW, or LCSW; must be credentialed within 3 months of hire.
- Flexible in responding to the changing needs of the organization; demonstrates critical thinking, problem-solving and communication skills; provides competent, efficient and caring services.
- Positive skills in communication and experience which indicate successful ability to assume responsibilities within a team context. Must be willing to be a productive team member in contributing to the continuous improvement of quality patient care.
- Competency in accessing and documenting in patient documentation systems and proficiency of basic computer skills.
- Prior case management experience in an inpatient health care setting.