Location: Madison, WI
Are you a Registered Nurse? Do you have experience supervising others? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Do you have experience with substance abuse and behavioral health? If yes, we may have just the role for you!!! Tellurian, Inc. is seeking to fill the position of Nursing Supervisor at its Detox program located in Madison, WI.
Tellurian’s mission is to provide essential social services to individuals with mental health, substance abuse or co-existing conditions, in addition to providing services to the homeless with mental health and/or substance abuse problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Recruitment , training and professional development of nursing staff
- Ensure that nursing personnel follow policies and procedures and abide by the standards of care established by Tellurian and state and federal laws
- Create new policies and update existing policies to help improve individual client care
- Apply evidence based substance abuse and behavioral health practices at all times
- Evaluate of performance of nursing staff
- Conduct individual training for any nurses needing additional guidance
- Assist in addressing any personnel issues to promote a productive and supportive work environment
- Facilitate nursing staff meetings to review latest policy and procedure changes and any current unit concerns
- Work closely with the program manager to promote a productive and healthy unit
- Provide department leadership through excellent communication both within the nursing department and between nurses and other unit professionals
- Perform certain administrative duties such as logging controlled substance records, assisting with pharmacy reconciliation, ordering of stock medications, and ordering of unit supplies
- Protect clients and staff by developing, interpreting and implementing infection control policies and monitoring medication and controlled substance administration
- Help to ensure adequate and quality documentation by nursing staff by performing routine chart audits and reviewing data to measure the effectiveness of client care
- Collaborates effectively with the MD and other unit professionals to ensure optimal post discharge outcomes for all clients
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Current Wisconsin RN Licensure
- Work experience as a professional nurse
- Supervisory experience
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Assertive but caring management style
- Ability to motivate a team
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with substance abuse and behavioral health
- Ability to perform in high pressure/stress situations
- Paid Time Off starting at 3 weeks (15 days) the first year, plus sick time and holiday time
- Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance available the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- 401(k) participation following 6 months of employment; Tellurian offers a match up to 3%
Application Process: All applicants are required to apply through the jobsinmadison.com website.
Position must pass a drug screen and criminal background check and be free of offenses prohibiting employment under HSF12 at the time of employment, and annually thereafter.
Tellurian is an equal opportunity employer who fully supports equal access for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, family and medical leave, and sexual orientation. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth a complaint in good faith to the employer or government agency, or participate in said investigation of any complain, or otherwise oppose discrimination.